Stocking help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff.rice

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok guys, you have all been a huge help! Now I need some suggestions. I have just transferred into my new 55 gallon tank. I currently have a yellow lab, a yellow tailed acei, a morri red banded, a orange one from the assorted Cichlid tank at the LFS (I can add a pic), and a rubber lipped Pleco. I would really like to add as much color as possible but don't have the experience that you guys do so I need help! I don't know how many fish I can get away with in this tank, and don't know which ones get along with others. Wanting as much color as possible.... What is gonna be the best fish for me to put in my tank with the fish that I already have to accomplish this?!?! Thanx in advance, and I look forward to your suggestions!!!

Attachments

• image-4195427245.jpg
    image-4195427245.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 75
You might (key word might) be able to pull off a frontosa. They are really mellow fish and they grow very slowly. They don't have a variety of colors but they have really nice stripes that I kinda like. If you don't like a frontosa check out some zebras or peacocks.

You might (key word might) be able to pull off a frontosa. They are really mellow fish and they grow very slowly. They don't have a variety of colors but they have really nice stripes that I kinda like. If you don't like a frontosa check out some zebras or peacocks.

Frontosa prefer species only and they grow HUGE! Also peacocks don't go with mbuna...

All ur fish are mbuna, yes. Also haps need 75 gallons plus and can't be mixed with mbuna.

That's not strictly true to say Haps can't be mixed with Mbuna.Ive kept D Compressiceps with Kenyi and Auratus with very few issues.
Cyrtocara Moorii also.They both thrived.If your tank is big enough with Scape to suit all that are housed it can be done successfully.

That's not strictly true to say Haps can't be mixed with Mbuna.Ive kept D Compressiceps with Kenyi and Auratus with very few issues.
Cyrtocara Moorii also.They both thrived.If your tank is big enough with Scape to suit all that are housed it can be done successfully.

I still think his tank is too small

I have mabuna and peacocks they are doing fantastic some can pull it off and some can't worth a try tho js

To the OP if I were you I'd stick with your Mbuna for a 55 as you already have Mbuna.Try upping the numbers of the fish you already have to 1 male to 3 females for each species.

Back
Top Bottom