Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carrie1

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 55 gallon that I want to start stocking. Its been set up for over a year. It currently has 2 plecos which I believe are a bristlenose and a common and also tons of snails. So I think I either want to do fancy goldfish or angelfish. Either way the plecos will probably get rehomed. So my question is about the angels. How many could I do in the tank? I also want a schooling fish so suggestions and how many? I also would like otos and yoyo loaches how many of those could I get? Are there any issues with the fish? Im also going to plant the tank. Thanks!

So I think I like rummynose tetras, cardinals, or some type of rasbora as the schooling. Any advive on number? I think it would be really nice if I could do a large school!

So common plecos get HUGE! So definitely rehome that guy. The bristlenose should be fine if you wanted to keep him. Angels might eat the tetras so be careful. So you might need another fish if you want tetras. I would suggest maybe 20 Cardinals. It would look really nice in your tank. I also love driftwood (and so does your pleco) and plants for the natural look so I will always suggest that. Oto's need to be in groups of at least 5-6. Just be careful not to overstock your tank with all of these fish and do not introduce them all at once or your tank will mini-cycle.

Yeah the plecos were in a TEN GALLON of my mother in laws! I put them in my tabk just to save them lol. I definitely am not keeping the common but still undecided on the bristlenose. So do you think I could do 2 angels, a school of something, the otos, and maybe yoyo loaches? And if thats ok what do you suggest I add first and what should be last? Thank you for the advice! Oh and as soon as I find a place with driftwood I plan to get some!

Ps all new fish will go in quarantine so it will be a slow process. I added an extra filter on the main tank that I plan to use for the qt tank.

Back
Top Bottom