Stocking ideas for 200g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello every one could do with some ideas this way on stocking my 200g tank ive got a pleco 2 catfish a ram a angle fish and a few mollys but need so more ideas of what i can out in there and out some colour in there with them

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive got two rainbow fish all ready i was think like a stingray some think on them lines what you think

What species of catfish do you have?

Your tank is like way understocked, you could have a lot more fish. You should do 5 of 2 different rainbowfish species, maybe 5 boesemanis and 5 red irians.

Possibly add another ram of the opposite gender, rams like to be in pairs.

Hope I helped! :D

My cat fish are angelicus pim and i was thinkinh of adding a few more ram but didnt know how meny i could put and if they would fight of oick on my other fish

Ive got two rainbow fish all ready i was think like a stingray some think on them lines what you think

If you have gravel as a substrate you can't have a stingray. They need soft sand. Also, it would probably eat your small fish like mollies. If you can get one, maybe get teacup stingrays they're a smaller species and you could probably get a few.

Also rainbows like to be in schools.

Yes i do have sand my little boy asked me for blue sand so thats what he got and hes asked me for a stingray and we have been looking at how meny rays do you think we can have and could we still have ate other fish with them

Yes i do have sand my little boy asked me for blue sand so thats what he got and hes asked me for a stingray and we have been looking at how meny rays do you think we can have and could we still have ate other fish with them

Unless your tank is 30+ inches wide I wouldn't do a ray. Motoro rays are the only freshwater Rays I can think of and at adult size they get 30 inches in diameter.

Caleb

Tea cups stay small as mentioned before.
2 would be a max IMO.
Here's the problem with keeping other fish;
The rays need(demand) the whole bottom of your tank.
No or very few rocks,plants....(deco) should take space away from them.
So now you need mid/upper level fish that are happy being out in the open.

Yer ive been looking at the tea cups and aww anit my cat fosh going to like it then as there always at the bottom of the tank an less there is food being put in there and my tank is 18" wide

Yer ive been looking at the tea cups and aww anit my cat fosh going to like it then as there always at the bottom of the tank an less there is food being put in there and my tank is 18" wide

What are the dimensions of your tank? It's strange that it'd only be 18" wide and 200 gallons.

No freshwater stingray could comfortably live in that tank unfortunately. Reticulated and hystrix are the two smallest of freshwater but they should have at least a 2' width.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Defiantly no rays. Even something like the small Hystrix will eat your current fish. Not to mention a 15" diameter teacup ray will not be comfortable in a 18" wide tank. IMO a 6x2x2 tank isn't big enough either.

Or you could just get a male... Stay a lot smaller than these 15" females lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Only reticulated will have super long tails, and I don't think a 12" male is gonna be 30". But anyways a couple of males would be more than fine in a 200 gal.

Mini marbled Motoros are also a thing that would work great if you are more conservative

I wouldn't call 12-13" much smaller. That's just disc diameter anyhow, not talking about the 24-30" lengths

+1. Just because their disc diameter is slightly smaller they still have the length of the tail to compensate for as well.

Only reticulated will have super long tails, and I don't think a 12" male is gonna be 30". But anyways a couple of males would be more than fine in a 200 gal.

In a more commonly shaped 200 they would be. But with 18" depth it'd be very cramped just for the sake of owning one.

I'd still like to know the full dimensions of the tank, I've never seen a 200 that's only 18" deep.

Ya I agree, I didn't read the whole thread about it being 18" cause most are 2 ft. However, I have heard of male rays being kept fine in 18" tanks as well. As long as there is adequate filtration it should be more than fine. And even if it does outgrow the tanks, there is always the option to sell it. I personally like the experience of keeping and selling fish, and not always keeping them for the whole life cycle... Just my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom