Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Morning Peeps!

It looks like in coming to the end of my fishless cycle (6 weeks and counting). So now I'm starting to think of what to stock my 120 litre (30g) tank with, my ideas at present is:

3 x Bolivian Ram (1M:2F)
1 x Bristlenose Pleco
6 x Panda Cory
6 x Shoaling (Possibly Tiger Barb)

What do you guys think? Any amendments (improvements), additions, you can think of?

Thanks Andy :)

Stock sounds good to me, but im not sure about tiger barbs and rams together. Ive never heard of keeping them together, so look it up. You could really do any schooling fish, like 10 neons, danios cherry barbs or whatever. Just not sure about the tiger barbs as they arw nippy.

I'm trying to stay away from the 'norm' as much as possible, as a result tetras / danios are off my radar - any other schooling fish suggestions would be welcome! I like the idea of cherry barbs :)

Cherry barbs are the most peaceful barb, so they are probably the safest. You could also do a school of galaxy rasboras ( not common, so not the norm but I believe they are expensive). Your probably best to get cherry barbs. They are cheap, colorful, and hardy.

Cherry barbs are the most peaceful barb, so they are probably the safest. You could also do a school of galaxy rasboras ( not common, so not the norm but I believe they are expensive). Your probably best to get cherry barbs. They are cheap, colorful, and hardy.

Sounds like a winner to me! You should be a fish salesman aquastrategist! :D

Back
Top Bottom