Stocking issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mtl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I originally had a stocking plan for my daughters aquarium (15 gallons ). Everything was going great I have 4 platys and a few ghost shrimp. I was planning on adding a small school of dwarf corys and maybe a few neon tetras or fancy guppies. But my patents took my daughter to petsmart and they came home with 2 african dwarf frogs. I have gone from only feeding flake to mainly feeding frozen blood worms since it will be eaten by everyone.
Now my issue is what other bottom feeder to add since I think I only should add a couple max since I do not want to over stock the tank. I am having a hard time finding a type that will be good in a single or double and will not eat the shrimp.

Mtl said:
I originally had a stocking plan for my daughters aquarium (15 gallons ). Everything was going great I have 4 platys and a few ghost shrimp. I was planning on adding a small school of dwarf corys and maybe a few neon tetras or fancy guppies. But my patents took my daughter to petsmart and they came home with 2 african dwarf frogs. I have gone from only feeding flake to mainly feeding frozen blood worms since it will be eaten by everyone.
Now my issue is what other bottom feeder to add since I think I only should add a couple max since I do not want to over stock the tank. I am having a hard time finding a type that will be good in a single or double and will not eat the shrimp.

I personally think you shouldn't add any with the frogs. Most bottom dwellers need schools and if they don't then they most probably need a bigger tank. I would either add 5 neon tetras or 3 fancy guppies but not both. Otherwise I think your tank would be overstocked. You may want to vary their diet a bit. So like flake food 4 times a week , bloodworm. 1 time a week, daphnia 1 time a week and brine shrimp 1 time a week. If the frogs dont exept flake food I'm pretty sure shops sell food specially made for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom