Stocking List for a 20g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have the makings of a 20g reef aquarium with a 10g refugium and was wondering what people thought about my plans for stocking it. I have a dual t5ho light and a protein skimmer as well. As for live rock I have around 20 lbs in the DT and will be putting another 5-10 in the refugium. I also have approximately 2 inches of aragonite live sand.

Currently I have:
Firefish x1
Scooter Blenny x1
(Was told they were a hardy fish and then I learned they were hard to feed only after I got him home doh!)
Pincushion Urchin x1
Porcelain Crab x1
Astrea snails x3
Turbo Snails x2
Hermit Crabs x3
Peppermint Shrimp x2
Toxic Green Zoanthid - 24 polyps
Hairy Mushroom x1
Blue Mushroom x1

What I want to add:
Ocellaris Clowns x2
Bicolor Dottyback x1
Brittle Starfish x1
Lots of Zoanthids, ricordea, and mushrooms
More Astrea Snails
More Hermit Crabs

Ive been slowly adding stock to my tank and keeping a close eye on my levels and have yet to get a positive reading for ammonia nitrite, and nitrate. My LFS has what looks to be a mater pair of Ocellaris clowns that I would be able to add in a week and I am considering trading the Turbo bulldozers in for more Astrea snails. With the exception of a hermit crab that died earlier today I have yet to see any issues with any of the tank inhabitants aside from an overly curious blenny and defensive crab. I am planning on keeping only Zoas and Mushroom in this tank as I don't feel that I'm ready to try any of the more difficult corals for at least another year.

Would anyone have any suggestions for changes or substitutions on the stocking list?

Back
Top Bottom