Stocking New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegosh

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I finally got my 30g long up and running. It appears that with all the seed material I used I am only going through a minicycle. I am planning on watching the parameters and going from there.

Now to the reason of me posting... I was at the LFS yesterday looking for some slate rocks and found they had two peppered corys that are <1". I bought both of them and some rocks and went and picked up my java moss.

The question is, will my albino cories school with my peppered ones? I know the size is a little off, the peppered ones are <1" and the albinos are almost 2". I'm planning on getting at least six cories for my 30 long.

As far as the java moss I got off of eBay, I am quite pleased with the portion, a sandwich bag packed with it! I had enough to do a nice centerpiece in my 30 long, and enough to start in my 10g. I am charging the batteries to my digital camera now, I might snap some shots when I get home on my lunch break.

P.S. - You can see my progress so far in my DIY thread:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/30g-long-10g-stand-102727.html

It's quite possible that the new cories will school with the others, you'll just have to wait and see.

I kind of figured that, I think I will move the two albinos to the 30g tonight and see how they do together. Thanks for the quick reply Joy! :)

Just out of curiosity... what types do you have and how many? I'm still going to try it and see how they act. There should be plenty of room in the 30g for them to give each other the cold-shoulder if they want! :)

Hi, in one tank, I have three albinos and two peppered. In the other tank, I have three albinos and three peppered. The albinos all hang out together and the peppered hang out together. They are pretty segregated. :rolleyes: They don't hurt one another or anything. They just don't hang out together.

I would certainly try it too if I were you. I have been known to have some strange fish at times anyway. :silly: :D Good luck! Cories are such fun little guys! ;)

Just thought I would update you guys a bit. I redid the scape in my 30long and then added the two albinos. The juvy Peppered cories were trying to keep up with the adult albinos, it was quite funny to watch. I got one good picture of one of my peppers so I thought I would post it here. Thanks again for the replies guys.

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom