Stocking! No more darn torpedo fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It seems like all the fish for aquariums 22g and under are all torpedo-like schooling fish. If you don't understand google zebra danio.

Now it's fine, as I have zebra danios and corydoras and a guppy... But dannngg. At first glance my 22g tall looks completely empty. They don't fill any space at all in the tank and from far all you see are little tube things dashing back and forth. :(

It also seems like all the round-bodied fish (not like goldfish shape, but more top to bottom, like tiger barbs) are far too aggressive to be kept with my community, and a single dwarf gourami won't do much.

My stocking options? SOMETHING that might stand out and fill some of the empty space. And because of the tank's height, most of it is empty swimming space. No bottom feeders please. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

It seems like all the fish for aquariums 22g and under are all torpedo-like schooling fish. If you don't understand google zebra danio.

Now it's fine, as I have zebra danios and corydoras and a guppy... But dannngg. At first glance my 22g tall looks completely empty. They don't fill any space at all in the tank and from far all you see are little tube things dashing back and forth. :(

It also seems like all the round-bodied fish (not like goldfish shape, but more top to bottom, like tiger barbs) are far too aggressive to be kept with my community, and a single dwarf gourami won't do much.

My stocking options? SOMETHING that might stand out and fill some of the empty space. And because of the tank's height, most of it is empty swimming space. No bottom feeders please. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

I just got a few painted glass tetra's and I love them. They remind me of dogs because they follow me whenever I am near the tank and I swear they wag their tails at me, lol.

My glofish (zebra danios) were active all over my tank until i got my tetras. Now the tetras are active and the danios hide.

I have had danios for a while and have always found them to be active. They even "played" with my tiger barbs.

Back
Top Bottom