Stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick question on feeding. I'm feeding a combination of flakes and pellets once/day twice per week. Make sense?

So, what genders of red phantoms do you have? Do you see any issues with them and other fish or amongst themselves? Red phantoms are one of the tetras you need to be aware of gender ratios for.
I do not recommend an angel with red phantoms nad probably not with red eyes either. A gourami would honestly be iffy too because of the long feelers. If you raised the schools higher though they would hopefully just care about their own kind though.

I have 1 male and 3 female. I'm planning to add 2 more initially.

So far I've noticed the male nipping at the female red eye's only.

I have 1 male and 3 female. I'm planning to add 2 more initially.
Ok good. :) In a 38g, you would be ok I think if you ended up with another male, but more males sometimes make for more bickering.
I wasn't totally sure what all you were considering for this tank versus the other tank, so what sorts of fish are you thinking about for this tank besides the ones you have?
BTW, if your rpt get along fine now, I don't think you need add more unless you want too. Phantom tetras are not the traditional schoolers that most other tetras are so the same rules don't all apply to them. If you want more though, go for it. I'm just sayign its not necessary if you don't want to.

Probably. If the fish are all acting fine then I'm guessing its fine. Feeding every other day is fine. Its hard to me to answer that for sure though without knowing how much you feed and what brands you feed. As long as its a decent quality food and you are only feeding as much as they eat within a few minutes (with the exception of nocturnal feeders), then I'm sure its fine. :)

I can't tell you if it is perfect but this is what I do flakes twice a day brine shrimp twice a week no flakes when feedin brine shrimp a couple algae wafers a week for the plecs look at my profile for my stocking. Yeah I think your feeding is ok but try to feed something like frozen brine shrimp to add variety and feed once a day.

You might be confusing my posts with another. This is my only tank, and as my profile suggests, I'm a beginner. I'm relying on help from this forum to stock my tank. I don't have a plan really for the types of fish. Looking for help to ensure all are happy and healthy. I added to neons last night so there are 6 now. I will probably add 2 more. I tend to add slowly--don't want to upset the bio-load though I am over-filtering.

Wait till the neons are fully grown before you get the angels because my angels like to think that the small ones are a snack. I also suggest that you add the angel last

Feeding Nutrafin Max flakes and Spectrum pellets. I will get some brine shrimp

There is a thread in the polls section about how frequently people feed their fish. I suggest reading through it and you will see a ton of different ideas about fish feeding. I feed mine everyday and they are doing awesome, but other very experienced people only feed a couple times a week and their fish do awesome. So, it seems to be that as long as the fish are healthy, it seems to be personal choice and the fish are adaptable to different feeding methods.

You might be confusing my posts with another. This is my only tank, and as my profile suggests, I'm a beginner. I'm relying on help from this forum to stock my tank. I don't have a plan really for the types of fish. Looking for help to ensure all are happy and healthy. I added to neons last night so there are 6 now. I will probably add 2 more. I tend to add slowly--don't want to upset the bio-load though I am over-filtering.
Thats a good idea. Stocking slowly is good because it lets you see the changing dynamics of the tank and then its often easier to see how much more would fit and how everybody is getting along.

No apology necessary! You have both been amazingly help. Guess I will stick with once per day every other day. They have been doing well. They do try to make me feel guilty by racing to the front and begging me when I arrive. I need to develop a final stocking plan, I guess and you've given me fabulous ideas.

No apology necessary! You have both been amazingly help. Guess I will stick with once per day every other day. They have been doing well. They do try to make me feel guilty by racing to the front and begging me when I arrive. I need to develop a final stocking plan, I guess and you've given me fabulous ideas.
Lol, fish are the biggest beggars. They totally beg more than our dog, even if they have just eaten.

Back
Top Bottom