Stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajwetton

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10g aquarium with a crowntail betta and 3 cherry shrimp, I'm going to up the shrimp count probably to 8 but I guess because there's only one place that sells them they are expensive. But other than that I'd love some suggestions for a couple more fish to go with the betta, I know no schoolers in a tank that size and I'd prefer no real bottom feeders, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Edit: It's gonna be a planted tank soon too not sure if that changes potential fish or not.

You could add a school of 6 smaller tetras and I wouldn't add too many more cherry shrimp because they breed like CRAZY!!! and if you don't like regular neon tetras there are a LOT of different types and colors I'm sure you could find a kind you like!! I personnaly like rummy nose tetras!!!

Yea I just know my tetras are always very active and I'd feel bad cramming a school into a 10g

Well ideally I like 4-5 and to let them breed but I don't know how to sex them and from what I've read about them I just can't tell

Yea I just know my tetras are always very active and I'd feel bad cramming a school into a 10g

yeah I understand... I think the cherry shrimp will be cool maybe a snail or two would be good... I've never had my bettas with shrimp or snails but I plan on getting a snail for one of my tanks soon!!

Yea I think I read somewhere on here to try and keep slightly slower fish with Bettas as they aren't quick swimmers and it can stress them out, anyone more knowledgable than myself wanna chime in about this? This is my first betta.

Back
Top Bottom