stocking tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gal fresh water tank. My fish are as follows
4 Red eye tetras
1 albino cory
1 green cory
1 banjo catfish
1 kuhli loach
1 male beta
1 marbled hatchet
I aslo have a few plants going to start co2 in about a week.
I know all but maybe 1 or 2 are schooling fish. I have ordered some rummy tetras from the fish store and when they get in I will go and get some. How many of those should I get. And also how many hatchets, red eye tetras, green corys, albino corys should I also get. Im slowly going to stock my tank. :thanks:

All of the fish you have are schooling fish except your betta. IMO schooling fish should be kept from 5-20 fish for them to be most happy but you can get away with 3 or 4. And about your Betta, the more fish you add and the more territory he looses the more aggressive he will get. HE WILL KILL YOUR FISH! You will either need to take him back or get at least a 5 gallon tank for him to be in. Trust me a Betta with no room is bad.

All of the fish you have are schooling fish except your betta. IMO schooling fish should be kept from 5-20 fish for them to be most happy but you can get away with 3 or 4. And about your Betta, the more fish you add and the more territory he looses the more aggressive he will get. HE WILL KILL YOUR FISH! You will either need to take him back or get at least a 5 gallon tank for him to be in. Trust me a Betta with no room is bad.

Agreed. The betta is a huge risk in that stocking and should be avoided.

Kuhlis and marbles should both have groups of 6-8+. For your red-eyes, I'd double the amount. For the cories, from what I know you should have 6-8+ also, and it doesn't matter what type, so u could have like 3-4 greens and 3-4 albinos

Back
Top Bottom