Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bright ones lol I quite like sword tails I also like guppies mollies nd chillids I think that's what there called lol

Newkeeperotis said:
Bright ones lol I quite like sword tails I also like guppies mollies nd chillids I think that's what there called lol

Ok have a look at endlers livebearers they are like guppys only Smaller and have lovely bright colours I love mine, you could always do guppys if you don't want babies this goes for all livebearers get all of one sex if you don't mind follow the 1male to 2female ratio. You could also get platys my son has two females in his 50litre they were pregnant when we got them and have had babies 3 times since very profiling little things haha. I wouldn't do Molly's they get too big for your tank Ive made that mistake. I use litres aswell but I think your tank converted is 15.5gallonsnits makes it easier for when you research and it's in gallons :)

How can u tell male or female nd where do u buy your fish from cause the only place by me is pets at home do u buy them off the Internet ???

Newkeeperotis said:
How can u tell male or female nd where do u buy your fish from cause the only place by me is pets at home do u buy them off the Internet ???

Here's an image that will make it easier than me just explaining it
tropicalfish010.jpg

_skyla_ said:
Here's an image that will make it easier than me just explaining it

So the male is the first one and the female is the second and it circles the difference.nThe make has a long rod shaped anal fin called a gonopodium and the female has a fan shaped anal fin.

_skyla_ said:
No just livebearers

I live in Australia so I just get the, from a local fish shop but I have ordered online with no problems and I got my endlers from a breeder I sourced from a local forum. Where are you from?

Newkeeperotis said:
The uk lol so quite away from u lol thanks for all ur help
No problems other fish you could look into is the sparkling gourami I have two they are so pretty. If you can find a trustworthy seller or site online you should be able to get any of these fish easy. Maybe start another thread asking if anyone closer knows a good online live fish supplier.

Also for bottom feeders you could have a look at Pygmy corys or panda corys. And there's always Dwarf ottos that would be good little algae eaters for your size tank. I don't know if you like snails but I have golden mystery snails just for something different.

Back
Top Bottom