suggestions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyfishyfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have owned my tank and some fish for over a year now, but I am just recently learning how to properly care for it! :oops:

Now that I know more, I'd like to restock some of the fish that I have lost and revamp the tank.

I currently have:
-2 blackskirt tetras
-2 whiteskirt tetras
-ballon molly
-dalmatian molly
-three-lined cory
-common pleco

I'm going to start looking for a new home for the pleco, because i know now that he will outgrow the tank.

I'm am thinking of getting:
-4 more black and/or white tetras (will these fish school together??)
-2 dwarf gouramis
-6 neons or cardinals
-2-3 more cories

Will this setup work in my 35 gallon tank? Too many fish? too few? I would be willing to move the mollies if this would be necessary or helpful. any suggestions that you might have would be great.

thanks!

correction: when this tank was given to me, I was told that it was a 35 gallon tank, but the calculator I just used on this site calculates it to be only 26!

Welcome! :BIG:
Mollies are best in brackish water, but should do just fine in FW.
If you got 2 more of each color tetra(black/white), even if the two colors didn't school, most people say a small school is good at about 4.

I have yet to hear about someone who keeps mollies with no salt and have no problems with them. They will get finrot, fungus and pop-eye alot. Besides, do you want your fish to live or thrive?

Kim

Back
Top Bottom