Suprise cory fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was taking apart a snail breeding tank that also had a dwarf gourami and 3 peppered cories. I had moved the cories out of my other tank because they ripped plants up.. I'm getting rid of the tank. I was draining out the water and getting out the fish when I saw a little fry... There is only one, but he's big enough to see the peppered markings. I would say he's about 1/4 inch or a little bit less. I didn't see any breeding, eggs, or fry.. I guess the others got eaten but this guy made it. I have a 10 gallon aquarium with 1.5 month old bettas which are a bit bigger than him. Can I put him in there? I also have 1/4 gallon cups he can stay in. And what should I feed him? I'm giving away al the adults. I'm going to raise him and then give him away too. Just want to know how to raise him up healthy :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is always a pleasant surprise to find fry especially cories. Good luck I'm not sure about the betta.

Sent from inside my fish tank

Pleasant, except i have no idea how to properly raise him! I need to get rid of his tank, so I'll be moving him with the bettas in a few days. I hope he will grow up ok! *fingers crossed*

At a quarter inch, he should be able to go with the adult corys - as long as their new home is a peaceful one.

I already got rid of the adults :/

He's in with my betta fry now! He seems much happier in there! I can tell his belly is a bit bigger and has a yellow color to it, so I think he's also eating the microworms.

Back
Top Bottom