swimbladder problem for guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josygeorge000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone know much details about swimbladder disease and it looks like I have one guppy with the same, what could I do to treat it? (The fish looks like loses its control most of the time and wandering with the current) for 3 or 5 days since today.

Also, in my aquarium I have not kept gravel at all. Is gravel really necessary for aquariums or is it ok not to have gravels in aquariums with guppies?

Swim bladder disease usually comes with a bloated stomach, difficulty swimming, floating involuntarily. Fish get constipated or can accidentally hurt it.
You can try feeding it a cooked peeled chopped up pea.

Gravel is fine with guppies. Some people keep bare bottom tanks, it just depends on whether or not you are growing live plants.

Swim bladder disease usually comes with a bloated stomach, difficulty swimming, floating involuntarily. Fish get constipated or can accidentally hurt it.
You can try feeding it a cooked peeled chopped up pea.

Gravel is fine with guppies. Some people keep bare bottom tanks, it just depends on whether or not you are growing live plants.

Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom