Switch from a 10 to 20L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently got a new 20L and am considering switching everything over from one of my 10's into this new 20 but I'm worried about it going through a mini-cycle as I'm not home a lot on weekends to perform w/c's if needed. Now, all the equipment, décor, and fish would be moved over, so I half of me is thinking I won't have an issue, but the other half is thinking that I will.

My concern comes from the last time I set up a new tank. I set it up, added new water, some plants and hardscape items from another tank, and a cycled/established filer from a tank that's been running for over a year, and still went through a 3 week cycle.

I don't mind going through one, but if it's likely that I will, I'll wait till a sunday night to set it up so I have 5-6 days to keep a closer eye on it. But if it's more likely that I'll be in the clear, then I'll probably switch everyone over tonight as I need to get that 10 cleaned out and set up for another grow out tank.

Thoughts?

I gotta kinda confused reading but i dont think you will go through a cycle at all.
Just move everything including water and gravel from the old tank if you can and it will be fine. Lower the feeding too if you want 110% success.

yeah, I confused myself typing it lol there was way too much going on in my mind right then.

Hopefully I wont go through one, but I'd like to get some more answers before I do it this time

Keep the filter media wet, run both the new an old filter on each tank and move your decorations over an you would be good

Back
Top Bottom