Syno cats & discus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was why I got the cories, but I got the syno cat before I knew anything about discus. My cories got some crazy fin rot that eventually killed them. It started w/ their barbells, and eventually ate their faces! Kind of traumatic. Not sure I want to go through that again, but I do like them.

They all died from the same thing? I'm not sure that would happen again if you have good water in there. If discus are doing well, then the corys should be good too. Maybe it was a freak occurrence. Odd......

For a discus tank I think corys would be your best bet. If your planning on keeping the discus alive then everything has to revolve around them. Water parameters, tank mates, decor. They are perhaps one of the most fragile fish in the hobby and cost a fortune to replace. I would recommend taking no short cuts with anything.

Discus like soft acidic water. Syno cats are adaptable but still most of the common species are African. Cory cats are also going to be more active especially in a large group and it will add more to the tank.

ALL synodontis are African, whether they be the rift lake species, or the west African/Congo species like Angelicus or brichardi

Back
Top Bottom