Synodontis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ForumRunner_20121016_185741.jpg

ForumRunner_20121016_185754.jpg

Heres my lace. Sorry water is cloudy in middle of water change and he dont stay still for a second once he sees people at the tank bc he's a junkie lol always wants food

After my water change ill try leaving for a lil n try sneaking bak in to get a better pic but no promises bc my tablet sux as is for pics

My Multipunctatus puts up well with my gang, and they are quite feisty!

Attachments

• image-62235777.jpg
    image-62235777.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3716114366.jpg
    image-3716114366.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2807389323.jpg
    image-2807389323.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 88
fishfool58 said:
I have kept them before but I've never had good luck with them.. They always got picked on with whatever I kept them with..

My pictus cats are like 3-4" also I have a syndontis cat that I hardly ever see. My pictus actually hold there own had them with oscars now with Africans no problems yet.

My Pictus always got picked on by my barbs, & bala sharks, & my 1 monster albino rainbow shark.. So I just don't see them making it with my Africans.. Also do the synos do well with bn plecos?

Jbaygurl78745 said:
Heres my lace. Sorry water is cloudy in middle of water change and he dont stay still for a second once he sees people at the tank bc he's a junkie lol always wants food

Nice.. He's a decent size, how long have you had him & how much has he grown?

AndrewsPistol said:
My Multipunctatus puts up well with my gang, and they are quite feisty!

Stunning color.. Is that a Hara in the last picture? Mine are still fry, a couple are starting to get their dark blue/black stripes.. Most of my fry are still 1-2 inches. So if I can get a syno now small to grow with them I figured one they wouldn't be to small compared to cichlids & 2 the syno wouldn't be big enough to swallow them whole..

So, went out shopping at petstores.. I actually saw the Synodontis Hybrid, Zebrinus(zebra) & the guy said his were 4-5years old, & were only 4 inches.. So... I said I'll decide while I go to other stores.. We stopped back by, & I bought 2, now.. Even though they are hybrids, they were the only ones I've seen besides the longitorias(spelling) 2 foot syno, euprutus, & nigrentis. So I decided that gives me around 4 years to upgrade to a 125.. Always looking out for my best option to 'needing' a bigger tank.. I'll update how they do.. & keep track on their size.. Maybe I can be helpful & add some 'record' since most about this hybrid is unknown. I would still love a pure one.. But these are pretty neat, plus id have to wait a while for my lfs to be able to order the pure breeds..

kjacks said:
As always i luv ur fish...lol

Thank you :) pretty soon I will be loving yours :):) have you gotten your fish? Ill have to check out your thread :D

fishfool58 said:
Stunning color.. Is that a Hara in the last picture? Mine are still fry, a couple are starting to get their dark blue/black stripes.. Most of my fry are still 1-2 inches. So if I can get a syno now small to grow with them I figured one they wouldn't be to small compared to cichlids & 2 the syno wouldn't be big enough to swallow them whole..

It's actually a Kenyi :) Hara's are gorgeous!

fishfool58 said:
So, went out shopping at petstores.. I actually saw the Synodontis Hybrid, Zebrinus(zebra) & the guy said his were 4-5years old, & were only 4 inches.. So... I said I'll decide while I go to other stores.. We stopped back by, & I bought 2, now.. Even though they are hybrids, they were the only ones I've seen besides the longitorias(spelling) 2 foot syno, euprutus, & nigrentis. So I decided that gives me around 4 years to upgrade to a 125.. Always looking out for my best option to 'needing' a bigger tank.. I'll update how they do.. & keep track on their size.. Maybe I can be helpful & add some 'record' since most about this hybrid is unknown. I would still love a pure one.. But these are pretty neat, plus id have to wait a while for my lfs to be able to order the pure breeds..

I've seen gorgeous hybrids :) lets see some pics!!!!

image-4054245261.jpg

My frontosa who is so far been the most gentle fish I have ever kept..

Attachments

• image-305061744.jpg
    image-305061744.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image-4144839087.jpg
    image-4144839087.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-4019206437.jpg
    image-4019206437.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2671882632.jpg
    image-2671882632.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3013587109.jpg
    image-3013587109.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 68
fishfool58 said:
My frontosa who is so far been the most gentle fish I have ever kept..

Wow, those are some awesome looking Syno's :D nice pick up! The guy I get my Africans from loves Fronts, he was always trying to get me to take one home haha! He said they are really smart :)

AndrewsPistol said:
Wow, those are some awesome looking Syno's :D nice pick up! The guy I get my Africans from loves Fronts, he was always trying to get me to take one home haha! He said they are really smart :)

Thank you! These Synos are supposed to get 10-11 inches big.. But if they live for a long time, it may take at least 6 years to see them get really big.. & I love Frontosas too, they are probably the only Lake Tanganyika fish I'd keep.. Too bad housing requires atleast 5 in a 6 foot tank.. I know I will have to rehome this fella when he gets bigger.. He was given to me.. & I've growned to love him/her a lot.. He's still really shy though.. It's gonna kill me to have to rehome him.. :/

Nice frontosa love them I got 6 of them recently. I have them in a 150g tank now. Very smart fish indeed and gentle peacemakers.

ForumRunner_20121021_074335.jpg

ForumRunner_20121021_074459.jpg

rizzo said:
Nice frontosa love them I got 6 of them recently. I have them in a 150g tank now. Very smart fish indeed and gentle peacemakers.

Very nice! You're so lucky.. I am trying so hard to find a 6foot tank.. I don't wanna give up my Frontosa..

fishfool58 said:
Very nice! You're so lucky.. I am trying so hard to find a 6foot tank.. I don't wanna give up my Frontosa..

Did you check craigslist? just now seen a 300g tank 8ft long for $700 and a 125g for $400 with everything. I got a 150g with everything for $500.

ForumRunner_20121023_224757.jpg

rizzo said:
Did you check craigslist? just now seen a 300g tank 8ft long for $700 and a 125g for $400 with everything. I got a 150g with everything for $500.

Craigslist around me doesn't have jack.. Lol.. I've checked.. I live in Winston Salem, NC.

fishfool58 said:
Craigslist around me doesn't have jack.. Lol.. I've checked.. I live in Winston Salem, NC.

Wow im sorry to hear that, I live in Philadelphia pa. Always deals this Friday im buying a 110g tall off cl for $250 with a wet/dry filter built into it already I cant wait.

Back
Top Bottom