Taking the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, i was looking at rbta's and gbta's. I think i will go with one of the two. Thanks for the info guys!

I've seen Percs with all different anemones. The hard part is getting them to host, once they do that, they will go to pretty much any anemone. Mine go back and forth between the two.

So im trying to get the damsels out of the tank with my fish trap. They seem to be super smart damsels lol. They wont go anywhere near the trap even with foid in it. My kole tang goes right in it lol. I guess im going to have to tear my scape apart to get them out.

I did an upgrade, that's how I got rid of my last two. Little buggars are hard! Almost as hard as my mystery wrasse. At least they dive then run, my wrasse would dive and I wouldn't see him for three days. Much happier with my blue/green chromis. So much more chill and they school instead of attack each other.

Got a gbta today. Pic is just after acclimating, he isnt fully open yet.

Attachments

• image-4022160987.jpg
    image-4022160987.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 137
Nice nem, looks good and nice color! Do you have any clowns to host him??

Nope, they havent even looked at it yet. The nem is kinda hiding between rocks though. At the lfs he was under t5's and i have him under leds, i think he needs to get used to the new lights.

Thought i had this brown algae that i suspect is dinoflagellates under control but boy was i wrong. I did i 5 day total blackness in the tank and gradually turned my lights on for a few hours a day till i got to 8 hours per day. Well as of now its coming back with a vengance, i clean it off and it comes back in 20 minutes. Im thinking ill siphon out all my sand since i think there is too much nutrience in it, i use cc mixed with sand which was a bad idea. So im going to put new sand in soon and see where im at after that. This stuff has been a huge headache and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Quick question... Do hob refugiums work very well for nutrient removal? I dont see it working too well being so small. Id like a fuge but dont have any room for it under the tank, and really dont think an hob one will do much good.

Anytime you do a Fuge it's gonna help! I don't know much about hob's, couldn't recommend any, but I would go with cheato in it.

Anytime you do a Fuge it's gonna help! I don't know much about hob's, couldn't recommend any, but I would go with cheato in it.

I understand it may help in a small way, i was just wondering if its really worth me spending the money on it. I dont want to do it if the results will be minimal to nothing at all.

I understand it may help in a small way, i was just wondering if its really worth me spending the money on it. I dont want to do it if the results will be minimal to nothing at all.

I built my own hob fuge with some acrylic PVC pipe and a small pump. It was under $100 and is the only filtration on my 29 gallon. It seems to work pretty well, I'm not sure how effective it is since I would have to stop using it to find out. However, I am pleased and my tank is healthy.

So my gbta is on the move and im worried hes going to get too close to a powerhead and get sucked up. My queation is, will it hurt anything if i turn the powerheads off till he finds a spot? I was thinking about it, and i figured if they arent on he may never find his spot because they look for flow that they like... I dont know that to do.

Leave the powerheads on, you are right in thinking if they are off he will take longer to find his place. Every time I have bought a nem it has moved in the nighttime. Just keep an eye out, you can buy or DIY a cover for the powerheads if your that worried...

I agree, problem is i dont have anything on hand to diy something, and its also 230 in the morning so not going to the store. I guess ill just stay up and watch him.

Back
Top Bottom