Taking the plunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would prob just double my water changes. It's weird that it's an all of a sudden change. What salt are you using?

Bought a gfo and carbon reactor from brs, installed it today. I had to put it in my sump for lack of space. Going to rearrange some things to make a better fit.

I picked up a singapore angel about 6 days ago. I was worried because he wasnt eating. This morning when i fed the fish he ate a ton of mysis shrimp, im so releived. Also a little update on the tank. I upgraded to a 180 with two corner overflows. Ive got a 55 gal partitioned sump underneath. Pictures will be coming soon!

I cant get a pic of the singapore angel, hes too skitish still, but heres a pic of one i found online. Beautiful fish. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396060305.553128.jpg

I finally got an ato. I went with the tunze osmolator. I dont know how i ever lived without one lol.

Did you find the cause of the cloudiness? Did it stink as well? My water was white and stunk the whole house from an anemone which was accidentally injured and then died while I was away for the weekend but your livestock is accounted for. I have also seen the same results which dissipate within a short time when there are remnants of calcium in my container and I add PH additives.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Never did really conclude what it was, it was there one day and gone the next. Im thinking some type of bloom...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So my ato (tunze osmolator) has been overfilling lately and setting off the alarm and i couldnt figure out why. Well i finally figured it out! I have a 7 inch chocolate chip starfish and he gets up on my external oveflow and blocks water flow causing the ato to kick on. Then he moves off it and all the water he is blocking rushes down and fill the water too high setting off the alarm. I think hes is trying to ruin my carpet lol.

My tank has been plagued with spirolid worms, dont think i spelled that right but they are everywhere. Will they eventually die off or will i have them forever? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423985358.213817.jpg

You can just scrape them off if they're obstructing your view. They're harmless filter feeders.

I know that, but they are all over my rock, i dont care about the glass, but i cant scrape all these things off my rock. It looks terrible.

it looks fine to me. They are part of the natural reef...the habitat you are trying to reproduce in your home.

I had a infestation of them when I first started my tank in the early months. Now they have completely disappeared. Not sure if they faded away on there own or something ate them...

I picked up a diamond goby yesterday and i came home from work today and found him dried up in the carpet. I have egg crate on the tank but he still got through it.

I'm sorry for your loss. Have you looked into the 1/4" clear mesh screen cover from bulk reef supply. I have been using it for a year and am very pleased. My Midas blenny has bounced off of it a few times that I have seen and been perfectly fine. Light penetrates it better than egg crate and saving 1 fish is a ought to pay for it. Just a thought.

Fish look up and see the openings in whatever you use to cover your tank. They aim for them. I suggest using something with smaller holes than the jumpers you have.

Back
Top Bottom