Tang help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phamboo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My yellow tang is starting to "deteriorate"(sp?)....his forehead is starting to look pretty bad and fins are starting to deteriorate, slowly but looking surely......never had this happened.....please help.

This is from your profile:

50g marine with clown, ******, hawaiin pink tail, blue throat, and 2 humo triggers with 6 damsels

If this is the tank the tang is in, your problem is self explanatory. IF this is NOT the tank that it is in, please give the specifics of your tank, we cannot help you if we dont have the full picture.

If the above is a REAL indicator of the tank inhabitants the overcrowding is sinful and I invite you to live in a broom closet with a cannibalistic pygmy for a roommate.

no, this is a tank i have at work. my boss and i have a 75g FO tank and all there is are two purculas, a porcupine puffer, a niger trigger, and the yellow tang.....i've checked all the levels and everything seemed to be doing ok. we run a hang-on wet-dry with skimmer in the back with a 330 biowheel. your help please.....oh yeah, i work at a nail salon but the aquarium is in the back, in the storage / breakroom, do you think this might have anything to do with it?

you might want to keep an eye on the niger trigger because he might be attacking the tang. nigers are supposed to be a bit nicer then some triggers but i know ours is very aggessive.he is even worse than our undulate trigger and they are supposed to be highly aggressive.the puffer could be bothering him to.

The head sounds like it could be HLLE, the fins could be aggression from the trigger or puffer...or it could be fin and tail rot. Remove the fish to a quarantine tank, treat with maracyn. Improve the fishes diet (tangs need a constant supply of green food like nori), improve it's water conditions and the HLLE may stop and reverse.

thank you everyone, i think it could be HLLE. the trigger is the nicest one of the crowd, funny as it may sound, the clowns are the meanest of the tank. :| the puffer just mimics everyone and looks at us like we are his pets :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom