Tank questions & showing off :).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll get 60 pounds of it, see how that works. If I need more, I'll just add a little bit of play sand mixed into it all.

So I don't need any co2 or any kind right? That makes things so much easier lol.

Nope you should be good. Just stick to low light plants

I just know from the 2 that I have But if you get 2 males or females you could do more than just snails like sillyfishes said. If you want a breeding pair either get 2 that are already paired or get like 5 juvies and when you get a pair rehome the other 3.

Okay cool. & is plant food the same as plant fertilizers? I'm looking for some on Amazon right now.

Umm be careful with plant fertilizers on amazon. If you dont care then id get some flourish and dose that way for begginers. Once you get your feet wet so to speak, we can help you move up because you and I both know you are gonna buy a better light with some even better plants so for beginners, get flourish. Its made by seachem I think?

I just know from the 2 that I have But if you get 2 males or females you could do more than just snails like sillyfishes said. If you want a breeding pair either get 2 that are already paired or get like 5 juvies and when you get a pair rehome the other 3.

I would rather do that. Get 5 or so. How do I tell a breeding pair? & Id have to ask the lFS if they would take in the ones I'd need to rehome.

I would rather do that. Get 5 or so. How do I tell a breeding pair? & Id have to ask the lFS if they would take in the ones I'd need to rehome.

You will know by their behavior. and they will lay eggs and both will guard the eggs. They are sa cichlids and will circle each other and may even lip lock before laying the eggs.

If you have the room for 3 other tanks (with one being a 75) GO FOR IT.

Breeding angelfish is a bigger commitment then you think. And if your going to breed them I reccomend

No substrate (bare bottom)
Sponge filter and ac70 with prefilter sponge
PVC and terracotta pots stacked up.

For ferts, get dry ferts from GLA. It'll save you money.

Okay seems easy enough :).

There are a bunch of flourish products on amazon. Some are supplements for this some are for that lol. Not sure which ones I need.

I'm assuming aquarium plants require same ferts as land plants. Nitrogen, phosphorus, & potassium? That's what we use one the farm at least lol. So I'm assuming mostly nitrogen ferts for aquarium plants?

Okay seems easy enough :).

There are a bunch of flourish products on amazon. Some are supplements for this some are for that lol. Not sure which ones I need.

I'm assuming aquarium plants require same ferts as land plants. Nitrogen, phosphorus, & potassium? That's what we use one the farm at least lol. So I'm assuming mostly nitrogen ferts for aquarium plants?

Uhhh? English? I feel like saying yes from reading a flourish bottle

Uhhh? English? I feel like saying yes from reading a flourish bottle

Lol sorry. I grow fruits & vegetables so I have to know how much ferts I'm feeding them. & I'm guessing that's how aquarium plants are but I'm not sure.

Nitrogen is mostly for vegetive growth, to help keep the plants green.

While phosphorus & phosphate are more for the fruiting stages of the plants life cycle.

Lol sorry. I grow fruits & vegetables so I have to know how much ferts I'm feeding them. & I'm guessing that's how aquarium plants are but I'm not sure.

Nitrogen is mostly for vegetive growth, to help keep the plants green.

While phosphorus & phosphate are more for the fruiting stages of the plants life cycle.

Thats about right! Except dosing is a bit different!

Thats about right! Except dosing is a bit different!

So I'm pretty sure I need potassium, nitrogen, & trace elements. So $30 for all 3 of those bottles.

& I treat it once a week I believe it's what it said.

So I'm pretty sure I need potassium, nitrogen, & trace elements. So $30 for all 3 of those bottles.

& I treat it once a week I believe it's what it said.

Thats the thing. Go by the bottle or post what you have here. Each thing is different and so on. But it sounds about right. Whats the brand?

Back
Top Bottom