Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
? mmmmm prefer in like a dark metallic purple or a glossy light green. But ?

Yeah I like that Vitamin C orange Plymouth put out. But honestly if I had the kind of money required to own this I wouldn't care what color it was lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I like that Vitamin C orange Plymouth put out. But honestly if I had the kind of money required to own this I wouldn't care what color it was lol!

In Australia it's so much harder to get classic cars and parts for them....my dad's mate just bought a smik Camaro z28 that kicks ***.

In Australia it's so much harder to get classic cars and parts for them....my dad's mate just bought a smik Camaro z28 that kicks ***.

Hey at least you enjoy American muscle!
*edit* that sounded a lot better in my head. Didn't mean for it to sound derogatory or mean in any way!

Hey at least you enjoy American muscle!
*edit* that sounded a lot better in my head. Didn't mean for it to sound derogatory or mean in any way!

No offense taken I'll still take GM Holden over Ford anyday. Mopar is the bomb as far as American cars go.

No offense taken I'll still take GM Holden over Ford anyday. Mopar is the bomb as far as American cars go.

I agree with everything but the Ford statement ;)
I'm the only Ford guy in the family, my brother is into exotics and my dads into exotics and some muscle cars. He's got a 370 Z now and I gotta admit its a nice lookin car. Although it's his baby and I'll never be able to ever conceive the thought of driving it though.

Hey, What sort of tank systems you running?

Jus gonna get this thread back on topic :p

My 29 is the biggest tank. It's low tech planted but it completely fell apart in the past few months, trying to make the water clear and get the dirt off the top of the gravel. It's got livebearers, 2 cherry barbs (who are very comfortable I've contemplated bringing them back to the LFS but they are happy), and 3 clown loaches to control the snails.

I've also got 2 male bettas (one is in a 2.5 gallon and the other is in a 3) as well as a female (who is technically my sister's but she doesn't do much work involving her). The female is in a 2.5 gallon.

My sister has a 10 gal with 5 zebra danios and just some java moss and trumpet snails to help with the sand mixing.

There is also another 10 gal planted with 8 zebra danios, the parents bred before they got move to a bigger tank and we didn't clean out the smaller tank, soon enough there are a whole bunch of tiny fry!! Another tank was needed, of course :p

My dad has a 10 gal planted with 2 female and a male platy. One of the females and the male are paired up and they have 12 fry overall (all different ages). The other female recently had fry, there are 4 from what I've seen.

Lastly, we have a 2.5 gal with a male platy who we originally had as the male of the 10 gal platy tank until one of the females turned out to be a male and paired up, he was getting really aggressive.

Sorry for the long post I've got a lot of tanks :eek: What do you guys have running?

Nice my biggest is a 25 tall, densely planted. 2 GBRs, 4 cherries, 5 black neons and a lone harlequin rasbora. I plan on adding another 5 glowlights and some oto cats. It will probably be on my stocking limit then but my water changes are frequent and filtration suffices aswell as heaps of quick growing plants.

I also have a 10 gal with 2 platy and about 9-12 fry. It's a wild lookin tank with heaps of GSA and algae growing on the dw. I also dump my plant clippings in there as I feel I can always use these clippings again some day and give the fry heaps of protection. I am going to give it a clean up tomorrow actually maybe plant some clippings in there and hope the mystery snail in there doesn't pull them out.

Those tanks sound great! I know how you feel with the platys, my dad's platy had fry on Friday night so now we have at least 17 fry and 3 adults in there, we are probably gonna have to start taking them back to the LFS soon.

I think it's great that so many teens are into fish. Just look at the amount of posts in this thread!! Is anyone else thinking of involving fish in their career when they are older? I'm seriously considering becoming a marine biologist because this stuff has always fascinated me, and since I became an aquarist I've really been so intrigued.

I'm the opposite I have fish because I want to be a veterinarian. Believe it or not my first word was fish.

I'm the opposite I have fish because I want to be a veterinarian. Believe it or not my first word was fish.

Lol that's hilarious!

"F--f--"

"Father?"

"fish!"

Back
Top Bottom