Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh nice, considering my 10 gallon cracked from a heater blowing up and the only thing I have running atm is my Spec V, I spent that I saved up, Aw mama runnin out of luck (haha been listening to the strokes a lot) and got a 55, 40 b, and 20 l.

Guess she really did run out of luck because she hates how I am spending the floorspace of my room on tanks. :lol:

Its my original stock of angels but my 55g sprung a leak so I had to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 5. 3 platinums a double dark and a domestic silver

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Every time someone mentions $1 per gallon sale I scream on the inside....

Hate how we don't get the sales like that here in aus. Like you're looking at $90 to get a 20gal tank. Everything here is by the liters and no one really understands that gallons is more effective. I just want to rage and vent my frustration at how dear everything aquarium based is in Australia. And the government is looking at placing greater restrictions on imported fish because they were feeding some native fish that are fairly endangered on fish farms gouramis and the gouramis had some disease that knocked out the farm and they think it passed on to the cod in the wild but this happened twenty years ago so if the disease passed on then it would be obvious as fish deaths would have increased.

Sorry rage over, I only just read the report on it and needed something to vent it on. As none of my friends would understand.

Hate how we don't get the sales like that here in aus. Like you're looking at $90 to get a 20gal tank. Everything here is by the liters and no one really understands that gallons is more effective. I just want to rage and vent my frustration at how dear everything aquarium based is in Australia. And the government is looking at placing greater restrictions on imported fish because they were feeding some native fish that are fairly endangered on fish farms gouramis and the gouramis had some disease that knocked out the farm and they think it passed on to the cod in the wild but this happened twenty years ago so if the disease passed on then it would be obvious as fish deaths would have increased.

Sorry rage over, I only just read the report on it and needed something to vent it on. As none of my friends would understand.

A silver lining would be you never feel the disappointment of having the money, waiting for the sale, and completely missing it. I believe they had one last in like september. I was incredibly disappointed when I missed it and had to wait half a year as everyone was stocking their tanks they got during the sale. :(

It is nice to have though, perhaps if glass is cheap you can start making your own tanks? I believe it is cheaper if you can find the glass.

Your remark about gallons vs liters is hilarious. First time I have seen anyone prefer imperial over metric.

I'm sorry I had to bring it up.

Fishobsessed7

A silver lining would be you never feel the disappointment of having the money, waiting for the sale, and completely missing it. I believe they had one last in like september. I was incredibly disappointed when I missed it and had to wait half a year as everyone was stocking their tanks they got during the sale. :(

It is nice to have though, perhaps if glass is cheap you can start making your own tanks? I believe it is cheaper if you can find the glass.

Your remark about gallons vs liters is hilarious. First time I have seen anyone prefer imperial over metric.

I guess that's a good point haha I'd hate that.

I only prefer imperial over metric because people always think a 30-40Litre tank is a big decent tank but in relation to fish stocking it isn't. Like 80 something liters is 20gallons.

Oh yeah that is true. I imagine the problem with metric for fish tanks is the numbers look huge and the are like "I HAVE 40 HUGE SODA BOTTLES OF WATER VOLUME AND I CAN'T EVEN GET A GOLDFISH?!"

Forgive my ignorance but Australia has Petco correct? If so, maybe it will come in the future. You can tell your grand guppies (see what I did there? haha) the struggle. They can change it to 0.32 AD per liter sale in the future! Wishful thinking, but where would we be if the wishful thinkers who pioneered this hobby decided to eat the fish instead of attempting to keep them alive? Fish and chips would be made of oscars that's where.

You raise a good point. No we don't have petco. We have pet barn but that's about it as far as commercial stores go. There's also only one main brand available to us as far as equipment goes... Yeah it kinda sucks

It's a good way to get tanks. Plus you get custom sizes. You could also sell em or make some for other people every now and again for some money.

Now you're thinking. **** I could do this yeah.... My dads a carpenter so there isn't a problem with silicone and building stands and stuff.

Oh cool, he could teach you the tricks of the trade and you will be locally renown as "that fish kid" in now time! Haha

Back
Top Bottom