Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aha! Just got the okay from the parents to do a SW aquarium! The only catch is that it has to be in a 10g and there have to be colorful fish... But hey I get to do a salty-finally! Woohoo :dance:

Sweet! Good luck with that summer project. What kind of colorful fish do you plan to get?

Which is easier, fw or SW? Some people say fw and some others say SW. Want to get an opinion from you. Which do you like/prefer?

Well that depends what fish you keep. I can keep tons of fish in a FW nano and it can be easy peasy but you can keep clown fish which are durable as heck haha I mean I've had SW tanks that haven't killed anything and I've had few tanks that havnt killed anything but honestly I think FW is easier because unless you know your chemistry really really well and have a tests kit I wouldn't recommend SW. Cuz SW is a lot of water chemistry where FW is a lot more temperature and space based where SW is more chemical based

Well that depends what fish you keep. I can keep tons of fish in a FW nano and it can be easy peasy but you can keep clown fish which are durable as heck haha I mean I've had SW tanks that haven't killed anything and I've had few tanks that havnt killed anything but honestly I think FW is easier because unless you know your chemistry really really well and have a tests kit I wouldn't recommend SW. Cuz SW is a lot of water chemistry where FW is a lot more temperature and space based where SW is more chemical based

That's what I thought. You gotta always keep the salinity just right, the water levels, etc. Thanks

Saltwater crabs like the one he has don't need to surface for air.
Freshwater certainly is a lot easier. Both do get pretty much the same difficulty(easier) once everything gets established for probably half a year.
And some corals are so easy to keep, such as green star polyps, mushrooms, and Kenya trees. They're almost hard to control. I've thrown out a lot of little Kenya trees that pop out of nowhere in my tank.

Freshwater certainly is a lot easier. Both do get pretty much the same difficulty(easier) once everything gets established for probably half a year.
And some corals are so easy to keep, such as green star polyps, mushrooms, and Kenya trees. They're almost hard to control. I've thrown out a lot of little Kenya trees that pop out of nowhere in my tank.

Would you be willing to sell one of those little Kenya trees? I would be interested after my tank is done cycling

Oh. I thought all crabs needed some air every once in a while. Guess not. Wow, I always thought all coral would be a bit hard to grow and wouldn't actually spread that fast. Looks like fw and SW have there own fast growing plants/corals.

I'd love to. I'll throw in some star polyps and a toadstool as well if you want. Where do you live? I know you said it earlier in the thread but I'm feeling lazy. The only thing I'd want $ for is shipping.

I'd love to. I'll throw in some star polyps and a toadstool as well if you want. Where do you live? I know you said it earlier in the thread but I'm feeling lazy. The only thing I'd want $ for is shipping.

Yeah, that would be great. And I will gladly pay shipping. I live in Alabama and I'll PM you my address later. My tank is currently cycling but as soon as its over, I'll be sure to take some off your hands. Thanks :)

This is random but I was watching a hermit crab trekking on top of my Kenya tree and it fell off like a foot onto a rock at the bottom and lay there upside down for a couple minutes completely stunned and i couldn't help but chuckle a little. It's fine though don't worry :)

Back
Top Bottom