Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have extra black gravel on hand. I called the seller back up and they were able to find the transformer I just have to get it from them some how. Yea, I still have no idea where the snails could of gone. I had them at my dads and thought they were in the car. But when I got to my moms I couldn't find them. My dad searched everywhere and still couldn't find them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ah good Atleast you have the transformer. I just realized I had the same problem with the filter I bought for my 5g from the store. Someone had opened the box and taken the transformer and put the box back all together.....
Dam that sucks!

Since so many people are here can someone come answer my question on this thread called "Resin tank?"

NatureFish
????

I'm not sure what resin even is. Sorry. The light in the fluval chi is awful so I'm more worried about killing it then it growing too big.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

By the way I got my first saltwater tank today!!!! Yay!!!! I've always wanted one and my uncle (who usually spoils me and gets me things my parents won't let me get....) and I went to the LRS and got live rock and sand as well as some kick starting bacteria for my pico FOWLR! The guy said I need to add the bacteria when doing daily water changes in order to keep the cycle going....not sure how accurate the advice was but I got the stuff regardless. Here's the awesome set up:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419127244.155931.jpg
Sorry if the picture isn't great quality! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419127315.116996.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419127339.556629.jpg
I'm still decided stock for this tank. I know it isn't advised to do this when first starting out but I'm hoping to beat the odds with this.

NatureFish
????

Not sure. I have no experience with saltwater aquariums my cousin had one but I wasn't a fan of the level of work required to keep it going. Freshwater tanks almost look after themselves when compared to salt I think.
I think that's an algae though just leave it I reckon to be safe.

Not sure. I have no experience with saltwater aquariums my cousin had one but I wasn't a fan of the level of work required to keep it going. Freshwater tanks almost look after themselves when compared to salt I think.
I think that's an algae though just leave it I reckon to be safe.

I got some looks from the LFS as they thought I was crazy starting out with a tank this small.

NatureFish
????

Does anyone know of any inhabitants besides corals that I could put in this half gallon pico? I was hoping I could do asterina starfish and maybe something a bit larger and some inverts like dwarf blue leg hermits. As far as fish go...I don't think any fish could have a good quality life in something that small. The employees recommended baby clownfish and then to take them back for store credit when they get too big but that's not very humane even for a baby clown IMO.

NatureFish
????

Are there any small stars that are a little bigger than asterinas? Or maybe some really really tiny fish? Someone said dwarf seahorses would work but in not too sure about that...

NatureFish
????

I have no clue I'm pretty sure for salties the general rule is something like 10gallons per fish or something that's all I can vaguely remember. I think you're better either getting a new tank. I always see tanks for free when we have council cleanup and people put their old tanks out I've claimed a tank this way before. Otherwise I think like a starfish or coral for now.

I do not think anything could comfortably live in there. Maybe a few small snails. This isn't just a small tank. Its tiny for a Pico. Do you have an auto top off? If not this tank will not last a week.

I do not think anything could comfortably live in there. Maybe a few small snails. This isn't just a small tank. Its tiny for a Pico. Do you have an auto top off? If not this tank will not last a week.

Nope I sure don't. What do I do? If it won't last a month as it is what can I do to help it?

NatureFish
????

Nope I sure don't. What do I do? If it won't last a month as it is what can I do to help it?

NatureFish
????
The problem is salinity fluctuations. When water evaporates, it leaves the salt behind. So as water evaporates, your salinity will rise. In this small of an aquarium, your salinity would sky rocket in the matter of days. Maybe a day. You would need to be topping it off many times a day. An auto top off would immediately replenish evaporation

The problem is salinity fluctuations. When water evaporates, it leaves the salt behind. So as water evaporates, your salinity will rise. In this small of an aquarium, your salinity would sky rocket in the matter of days. Maybe a day. You would need to be topping it off many times a day. An auto top off would immediately replenish evaporation

Can I make an auto top off? If so, how?

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom