Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Either or. And you have to use RODI or distilled water. Water from FW has a bunch of crap you DEFINITELY don't want in your SW tank.

Also, evaporation changes day by day, so a drop system wouldn't work.

Will dechlorinated tap water work? My water is really good where I live.

NatureFish
????

Welp, I just discovered a ton of hair algae in my tank :c

Anyone know how to get rid of it? I'm gonna try to increase my canister's flow rate and reduce my photoperiod

Welp, I just discovered a ton of hair algae in my tank :c

Anyone know how to get rid of it? I'm gonna try to increase my canister's flow rate and reduce my photoperiod

Flow usually helps but make sure you don't hurt or suck up anything. I have a 15,000 gallon pond and I had real bad algae and my flow was little to none. Then when I turned everything on (it was resting for a short time), after about 3 days everything cleared up. So in an answer to your question, flow will help and if you have the space for it an algae eating shrimp or fish will help too. However don't get upset if you still see some algae because its actually very beneficial and will help your water quality. If you absolutely hate it you could always manually remove some and sun dry it and then compress it into a little tablet and feed it to your fish later!

NatureFish
????

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419718853.519342.jpg started my fluval chi. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

How many t5s? 4?

Uh, four. Brookster and his "Ghost of Planted Tanks Past" have came and grumped at me for "too much light" already... So MAYBE 5.4 WPG is a lot of light. I have co2 too!! Lol

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Bwuhhhhhh oooooo ahhhh too muchhhhhhh lighttttt bahhhwyyyyyfahhhh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bwuhhhhhh oooooo ahhhh too muchhhhhhh lighttttt bahhhwyyyyyfahhhh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Stahp whining he knows already

And go away, oldie (no offense but you're not a teen ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Stahp whining he knows already

And go away, oldie (no offense but you're not a teen ;) )

Kittykat - Are you going to start carding us? :)
Emerald - We will continue this on your other thread, missy.

I was wondering if any of u guys know of what type of lamp would work best for additional lighting on a planted 5 gallon ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419744830.468048.jpg currently I have this regular lamp but looking for an upgrade. What's best?

Got back today guys and fish are all alive! Stoked as I was worried about being away since Wednesday.

On another note I'm burnt like a tomato from being out fishing for a few days lol. Let's hope I don't blister

I was wondering if any of u guys know of what type of lamp would work best for additional lighting on a planted 5 gallon View attachment 259405 currently I have this regular lamp but looking for an upgrade. What's best?

What kind of light is in that lamp? If you put a CFL it will help a lot more.

Sent from my RCT6773W22 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom