Tetra question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronald Marcelo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, saw some cool neon tetras at the LFS a few weeks back. Someone left a throwout or keep neat little two gallon tank by our mailroom. Wanted to know how many tetras can i keep? 2,3,4? Thanks!
Came with little rocks light and filter love it!

2 gallons is too small for tetras. It would probably be best for shrimp or a tiny fish like a scarlet badis... maybe a betta so long as you get a filter (like an Azoo Palm Filter).

I don't know if I would put tetras in there, they like to be in schools of like 4-6. You could prob put two in there but it's very likely they will nip at eat other. Try a male half moon betta by himself in there. I'm currently looking for/at a yellow betta(gorgeous).

And you don't need a filter for a betta they can breath air from the surface. Just keep up with water changes and you'll be fine.

True, I have my betta in a 5 gallon with a filter. I'm just letting him know all his options. I do understand were your coming from though Bryan.

I don't know if I would put tetras in there, they like to be in schools of like 4-6. You could prob put two in there but it's very likely they will nip at eat other. Try a male half moon betta by himself in there. I'm currently looking for/at a yellow betta(gorgeous).

Betas look cool but it appears to me at least that they just stay still often. I don't want much two lil guys swimming around. I understand that they tetras are better in schools but i wish i could keep two and maybe throw a few lil pieces of drift wood in there hehe. Anywho thanks again

Just go buy a10g from WalMart or the dollar per gallon sale at petco. 2 gallons you can't do much with.

Back
Top Bottom