Texas cichlid sick and not getting any better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nd90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just lost three of my fish due to ich and some other sickness I have a texas that has been hanging on for the past week but he isnt getting any better and will not eat. At first it looked like ich on all my fish like grains of salt then they started getting cloudy eyes and a white slim on them and breathing really hard . Itook all the sick fish and put them in a qt and treated them with coppersafe everyone died except the texas so i bought maracyn and have been using it for about 5 days with the copper safe he looks a little better but will not eat and isnt acting right i am doing about a 50-75% water change in the 10gal qt everyday he is always at the top of the tank and seems to be breathing hard quite often is there anything else i can try ? I also have a jd in the 90 that all my fish were in and he is totally fine and acting like he always did . i am doing 50% water changes in that tank along with grave cleaning should I be worried my jd could be carrying what my other fish had?

Oh my I am so sorry. Perhaps try a little aquarium salt, what is the temp in the QT? Did you increase aeration? you could try heat only if you get desparate. Ever try seachem paraguard? Maybe that will help, it treats a broad spectrum. LFS told me about Lifeguard as well, I think that and clout are a last resort.

Back
Top Bottom