The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude i have got my lighting sorted and yes my filter is pretty good at 2000 LPH but i need more and im sure i could turn that filter into a tank one even though its for a pond

Don't worry about it, just let me know if anything other than ammo makes a big move up or down...including pH.

Parameters for today are.... pH:7.4, ammo: 0.25ppm, NO2: 5ppm, NO3: 10ppm.

same old same old. Tank is playin mind games with me lol

Pigeonfood said:
do they make that light system for a 36g to brah lol??

I got mine from Petco, but you could probably find one cheaper online. I'd assume they make it for your size tank. It also has brackets so you can have an open top tank and basically put it on stilts, or you van hang it from the ceiling.

BTW, Fedex just rang the doorbell...Fluval 405 is here!

Pigeonfood said:
Parameters for today are.... pH:7.4, ammo: 0.25ppm, NO2: 5ppm, NO3: 10ppm.

same old same old. Tank is playin mind games with me lol

Just keep waiting it out. Levels look good. Buy a new game or book or something to keep your mind occupied, lol.

cichlidpaul said:
Dude i have got my lighting sorted and yes my filter is pretty good at 2000 LPH but i need more and im sure i could turn that filter into a tank one even though its for a pond

I'd look at either a Fluval or Eheim. For all we know, your giant, fancy filter might be what's messing us up now.

cichlidpaul said:
Im looking to turn my tank 10 times per hour so a 405 just wont cut it mate it has not got the turn over i need

How big is your tank again? What are you gonna stock? Baby whales or turtles or something?

cichlidpaul said:
120 gallon / 465 ltr and im going to keep malawis lol

Good lord. Bigger tanks do take a lot longer to cycle. The fact is that even though you're adding the same amount of ammo as people with smaller tanks, you simply have to grow a much larger colony of bacteria to remove the ammo and no2 from that large of a body of water. Between it sitting with chlorine in it for so long, added with the fact it's so large...we might not be as far off track as we thought. No wonder you hate the pwc's, lol. Dude buy a Python.

You saying that i asked this question a long time ago i got the reply back from somewhere not sure now but it stated it should take the same amount of time no matter the size of tank

i have made my own Python mate its not getting the water out its getting it back in at the right temp and its costing me a fortune in bloody declorinator

You may have guess by now i like to mod things if i can and make thinks myself lol once the tank is up and running im going to do my own back drop for inside the tank a rock lookalike , as with the two powerheads im getting im also going to turn that into a filters

cichlidpaul said:
You saying that i asked this question a long time ago i got the reply back from somewhere not sure now but it stated it should take the same amount of time no matter the size of tank

i have made my own Python mate its not getting the water out its getting it back in at the right temp and its costing me a fortune in bloody declorinator

Haha. I have also heard people say tank size doesn't matter, but IMO there's no way that's true. The bacteria have to multiply.

Think of it like this...say you're a farmer. You want to have kids to till the farm. If you have a small farm you only need to pop out a few kids and let them grow to take care of it. If you had a HUGE farm you'd need to have the wife pump out baby after baby after baby and let them grow up to actually be able to handle the entire big farm. That takes more time to do.

Make sense?

i love the way you explain things dude it make me laugh but yes i do get it now i have to say i thought as much myself as it just didnt add up

so now you see how much filtration i need lol to turn the tank 10 times per hour

cichlidpaul said:
i love the way you explain things dude it make me laugh but yes i do get it now i have to say i thought as much myself as it just didnt add up

so now you see how much filtration i need lol to turn the tank 10 times per hour

I remember your wife told you to get a lizard, lol. You could fit a pretty big lizard in that tank...maybe a small dinosaur, haha.

Darn it. I'm gonna have to borrow some power tools to cut out a slot in the top back of my stand. The stupid Fluval is too tall to fit the hoses out the bottom slot. Maybe when I put the stand together years ago I put that board in upside down...jeez, now I've got my own little crisis :-(

Darn it. I'm gonna have to borrow some power tools to cut out a slot in the top back of my stand. The stupid Fluval is too tall to fit the hoses out the bottom slot. Maybe when I put the stand together years ago I put that board in upside down...jeez, now I've got my own little crisis :-(

OMG...im returning my new eheim ecco 2236, and gettin this baby.
http://www.eheim.com/products/detail/Pro-3e
Its the motherload!!!! computerized!!!

You're obviously a believer of more is better, lol. Now if you'd just drive up to VA with some power tools and help me cut out a slot in the back of my stand that'd be great, lol.

The stand i have, will fit pretty much any filter..god bless aqueon furniture lol

Do you want a hand dude i have a jigsaw and a battery drill let me loose on it weehee im like that american diy bloke lol carnt think of his name now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom