The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cichlidpaul said:
Do you want a hand dude i have a jigsaw and a battery drill let me loose on it weehee im like that american diy bloke lol carnt think of his name now

I'm not all that incredibly handy when it comes to tools. What's the name of that electric jig saw thing I am gonna need to cleanly cut a slot in the back of the wood? There's a place around here you can rent things from...I want it to look clean and professional...I don't want to just start hacking at it with a saw.

go to home depot i know they rent tools..worked there part-time. Its really easy to cut a hole in ur stand.. sucks u gotta cut up ur stand in the first place....bring ur canister back and get a eheim lol

lol bless
you need a drill and a jigsaw thats it ,draw the slot you want then drill a hole in opposite corners then jigsaw out from each hole to the other opposite corners then jigsaw the drill holes out to give yourself a nice clean slot jobs done easy

cichlidpaul said:
lol bless
you need a drill and a jigsaw thats it ,draw the slot you want then drill a hole in opposite corners then jigsaw out from each hole to the other opposite corners then jigsaw the drill holes out to give yourself a nice clean slot jobs done easy

So the holes I drill are basically a starting point so I can actually get the jigsaw into the wood to start cutting?

Pigeonfood said:
go to home depot i know they rent tools..worked there part-time. Its really easy to cut a hole in ur stand.. sucks u gotta cut up ur stand in the first place....bring ur canister back and get a eheim lol

I'd have the same problem with the Eheim, lol. They're all gravity fed systems, and with what I've got now I'd have a loop in the tubing instead of a nice up and down line.

It's funny that almost all my buddies on here are British(are Irish considered British?), lol. You guys are gonna have me saying mate and cheers before too long, haha.

bang on mate only their so you can get the blade in and the opposite holes are their so you get 4 clean cuts a end up with 2 perfect corners

cichlidpaul said:
bang on mate only their so you can get the blade in and the opposite holes are their so you get 4 clean cuts a end up with 2 perfect corners

Awesome. Thanks "mate", lol. I actually do have an electric jigsaw. That's how much I know about tools, I don't even know what I own, haha. Now I get to hear my girl yell at me about sawdust when she gets home.

Well it depends where their from lol and how they feel i guess if you understand where im coming from as we own some of it lol

cichlidpaul said:
Well it depends where their from lol and how they feel i guess if you understand where im coming from as we own some of it lol

Yeah, we've got some family friends from Middlesex (he used to be President of Guiness America), and one time I introduced them as from the United Kingdom and they shot me an icy stare.

lmao and we both know she is going to unless you know how to use the vacs now i dont lol im lost with that thing , just brought a new one we only had it a week and i broke it guess what the wife chewed my ear off

It's funny that almost all my buddies on here are British(are Irish considered British?), lol. You guys are gonna have me saying mate and cheers before too long, haha.

Em NO!!! im not british...not trying to offend anyone, but please dont call me british ever!! lol

Yeah, we've got some family friends from Middlesex (he used to be President of Guiness America), and one time I introduced them as from the United Kingdom and they shot me an icy stare.

lol oooooops thats not good my friend we also have a saying which sums that up it goes like this ....... treading on thin ice lol

Pigeonfood said:
Em NO!!! im not british...not trying to offend anyone, but please dont call me british ever!! lol

Sorry man, lol. I didn't know it was such a sensitive subject. You know us Americans don't pay any attention to what's going on in the rest of the world, haha. You can be my "European" friends, haha. I guess I've got some drilling and sawing to do in a bit.

I think Pigeonfood doesn't like me anymore. He's gone away, lol. Pigeonfood, come back, I'm sorry! Haha.

My new shrimp are awesome btw. It'd be nice if I could have my new filter up and running with them, but that's gonna take a bit more time.

I think Pigeonfood doesn't like me anymore. He's gone away, lol. Pigeonfood, come back, I'm sorry! Haha.

My new shrimp are awesome btw. It'd be nice if I could have my new filter up and running with them, but that's gonna take a bit more time.

Im fine, apart from u mistaking me as british lol. btw im getting that awesome filter now, 360gph going into a 36g, overkill!!! btw eco im not fond of the idea of an open lid tank, wont some of ur fish jump out??

Pigeonfood said:
Im fine, apart from u mistaking me as british lol. btw im getting that awesome filter now, 360gph going into a 36g, overkill!!! btw eco im not fond of the idea of an open lid tank, wont some of ur fish jump out??

Some types are jumpers. I had a Bala Shark try to go where no fish had gone before years back. I think Siamese Algae Eaters are jumpers too. Probably 70% of the top is covered on mine, I've got the light sitting on the glass lid, but I had to remove the front section of the hood because it didn't open correctly with the light sitting on it. I've got some pics in one of my threads, I'll see if I can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom