the bad guys in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fvalbr2l

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if their are links with pic's of life forms you don't want in the salt water tank. I have a book with a few but no pic's.

JJ all the way! Good stuff. When you use it make sure to turn off all of your pumps so that you keep it where you want it.

my tank finished cycling. what are some good guys to have for clean up. things that eat the bad stuff but doesn't kill the good stuff.

Snails, snails and more snails... Nassarius Snails, Margarita Snails, Cerith Snails , maybe some Astraea Snails, and some Nerite Snail. Add a couple of fighting conch too.

Some will tell you add hermit crabs. I don't put things with claws in my tank anymore. The hermits (blue and red legged) always went after the live snails for their shells, even though there were plenty of empty shells around.

As far as aiptasia you could get some peppermint shrimp. They have done great for me.

Pepperment shrimp are great for the smaller aiptasia but won't eat the larger ones. If you use Joe's Juice, make sure you turn off all your water movement as stated above and hit them in the mouth. The larger ones may have to be hit a few times.

Back
Top Bottom