The loach's 29 gallon tank journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, for now I'll have Bolivian rams, thanks, I got some red eye tetras today, I'll post a pic when I can

Ok, for now I'll have Bolivian rams, thanks, I got some red eye tetras today, I'll post a pic when I can

Why for now? Why not have some patience and wait? So your plan is to get Bolivian rams into your tank, then dump them into your parents already overstocked tank, as you say, when you're done with them?

Ok, I have decided to start a journal with my 29,
I started the tank today, got the old tree root decor in, added new gravel, an amazon plant, anubius, and another plant which I'm not sure what it is.
I need to buy a testing kit, and according to the strip thermometer, my temperature is 76-78 degrees, if you can see the thermometer.
I will be leaving the tank cycle for a month, after that, I will start adding my fish, I will be uploading weekly progress like parameters, new plants and decorations I get, I will also be uploading the fish I get, there will defenetly be at least one more decoration, and of course, more plants!
I would really like comments, ideas, and just your comments, what do you think?
Thank you
LOACH

Or just use safe start and some amonia and it should be ready in 2 weeks

So, here are the pics, the inhabitants are:
5 red eye tetras
2 balloon belly mollies
4 black kuhli loaches
Plants:
3 amazon swords
1 Anubias nana
1 java fern
1 unknown plant
img_2488276_0_e2060962e8c040c9ce21035343a8bdb3.jpg
img_2488276_1_0fff41c85aebfe566aa582a603bdb9c2.jpg
img_2488276_2_b778dc1d5980b8ace77b9d1c5f45f8d9.jpg

How is it coming out?

Why for now? Why not have some patience and wait? So your plan is to get Bolivian rams into your tank, then dump them into your parents already overstocked tank, as you say, when you're done with them?

Oh no, you might have misunderstood, I am getting two Bolivian rams, and when they die, I'll get my German ram, I'm not letting my parents put anymore fish in that tank!

Yea, I added fish, but until week three, week one, I just let it alone
Then on week two I added safe start and it only took like one day and one night to set my parameters
On week three I added kuhli loaches and balloon mollies
Week four I waited
Week five I only added new plants and the cave
Now this is week six, and I added the red eye tetras

Yea, I added fish, but until week three, week one, I just let it alone
Then on week two I added safe start and it only took like one day and one night to set my parameters
On week three I added kuhli loaches and balloon mollies
Week four I waited
Week five I only added new plants and the cave
Now this is week six, and I added the red eye tetras

Cool cool so safe start really cycles as fast as it claims ?

Well, IME it did, for some people it is as fast as mine, for others it's a week, for others two, and for others it just doesn't work
But after seeing the change in parameters, IMO you should still wait a week, that's just me though

Well, IME it did, for some people it is as fast as mine, for others it's a week, for others two, and for others it just doesn't work
But after seeing the change in parameters, IMO you should still wait a week, that's just me though

I have fish in my tank already I used another kind of Bactria and my amonia spiked everytime i clean so I might thrown in a bunch of safe start

Just put in as directed, and if you don't see any changes in let's say three days, then add the whole bottle
Again, it is live bacteria, so the bacteria might be alive, or not, deciding if it will work or not

If it spiked, it might be because like I said, even after adding the bacteria, you need to wait at least a week

So, today I added my three peppered Cory's, they are doing excellent, two are about as long as as 3/4 of a thumb,and one is tiny, he is as long as the diameter of a dime!
In the pictures, I couldn't fid the small one, until I found him at the top, could barely see him next to the heater
img_2499713_0_40dbc504c224afaad525bc4041093cfb.jpg

img_2499713_1_1702464c46576ea9b33133de83f304e0.jpg

img_2499713_2_91b324d839626dcd68be12b72a43a1a0.jpg

img_2499713_3_65f7e8238d9cf605628c0a30147abd08.jpg

Also today, I was disassembling my intake tube to clean it, and I found a balloon Molly in there, so now I only have one :(

Yea, everything is fine, he didn't die naturally, yesterday I took the bottom part and decided to clean it today, the tube had an opening, and I guess he decided to go swim up there and check it out, but he got stuck and didn't make it out, all my parameters are fine, the last misterious death was my dwarf gourami, and that was about three weeks ago

Hey, my smallest Cory sticks to the top of the tank and swims at the topper most levels, is this normal for such a small Cory?

Hey, my smallest Cory sticks to the top of the tank and swims at the topper most levels, is this normal for such a small Cory?

no it's NOT normal. regardless of their size, they should be bottom dwellers. I would keep an eye on that one because it's highly suspicious that it's sick

Back
Top Bottom