The rare spotted convict??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a convict yesterday. I saw him in the tank and had to have him. I've been looking for a male for the female I have in my 29 gallon. I purposely let the Java moss in the tank grow pretty wild and the other plants in the tank are kind of overgrown as well leaving an ugly looking tank, but all kinds of hiding places. I figured there was a chance the female might kill any male I put in there. Anyway, I bought this convict because he was so interesting looking.

Along with the standard stripes, he's got black blotches all over his body and fins. I've never seen a convict like it before. His stripes seen a little paler that standard convicts, but that could be because he's washed out from being in the store. I'm half wondering if he's a cross between an albino and a standard convict, but I'm not sure. I tried to take a pic, but I'm horrible with taking pictures of my fish and I think the camera sucks too (though it's probably just the user). This was the best I could get.

img_790727_0_22708d7b4acb7a06d5ab4324d5b95276.jpg

If you hold the camera farther away from the tank and at a bit of an angle it should eliminate most of the glare from the flash, it took me a while to get it right.

It's quite likely a hybrid, convicts are notorious for crossing with other species in the absence of a suitable mate.

rwhayley said:
If you hold the camera farther away from the tank and at a bit of an angle it should eliminate most of the glare from the flash, it took me a while to get it right.

I'll try that. I have a hard time dealing with the glare from the tank and the overhead light in the tank. Then the subject of the picture never sits still for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom