The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Haha! Well, at the moment it seems like the plants are a bit symmetrical. Try and take similar tall plants and bunch them up on one side, then slowly go in desending order in height until you reach the other. Then at the end and river rocks or whatever, with your driftwood in the middle.

Again, im no aquascaper! But this is just my opinion!

Maybe a honey gourami? Opaline?

I was thinking about that, but in bit using the dw anymore, way too soft. Id hate to rip up the plants and replant, but do you think it will look like crap if I leave the plants like this?

George9 said:
I was thinking about that, but in bit using the dw anymore, way too soft. Id hate to rip up the plants and replant, but do you think it will look like crap if I leave the plants like this?

Definitly not. It will look good either way

I think that's the general rule for aquascaping, but I think I'm going to leave the plants the way they are and see how it looks when they start to grow.

Do you know any other species of fish that. Could be a centerpiece fish? If not, I really like honey gouramis.

Ok i just had a ton of fish listed, then the app crashed. Lets see

Festivum maybe?, betta with caution, dwarf gourami, pearl gourami, killifish, any others?

Mmmmm, I love killifish. Do you think it would be shy around all these fast moving tetras?

George9 said:
Mmmmm, I love killifish. Do you think it would be shy around all these fast moving tetras?

I dont think so. Just get a bigger one. Maybe a golden wonder killi?

Gboy66 said:
I dont think so. Just get a bigger one. Maybe a golden wonder killi?

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!! I think that's it. I hope I can find them at my lfs, but I think they're pretty common right?

George9 said:
Yes! Yes! Yes!!!! I think that's it. I hope I can find them at my lfs, but I think they're pretty common right?

Yes yes yessss they are the most common IMO!
Haha

I'm personally a huge fan of Angelfish and will more than likely have a couple as the center piece for my tank. The killifish look pretty as well though!!

skywhitney said:
I'm personally a huge fan of Angelfish and will more than likely have a couple as the center piece for my tank. The killifish look pretty as well though!!

Same here!

George! Here are mine! Koi and platinum

Soo many choices! Lol. I really wanted a platinum angel but my lfs doesn't carry them. I know they have speckled ones, goldish ones, and some other ones. I like the gold ones, like yours gboy. How do they live together without aggression?

George9 said:
Soo many choices! Lol. I really wanted a platinum angel but my lfs doesn't carry them. I know they have speckled ones, goldish ones, and some other ones. I like the gold ones, like yours gboy.

Ya, a koi? They are cool, and sometimes very colorful! Maybe they could order a platinum for ya.

I just looked at those pics, and it makes it seems like the angels have ich on their fins. Haha they dont, theyr very healthy

George9 said:
Soo many choices! Lol. I really wanted a platinum angel but my lfs doesn't carry them. I know they have speckled ones, goldish ones, and some other ones. I like the gold ones, like yours gboy. How do they live together without aggression?

They don't act agressive if introduced to the tank at the same time correct?

Gboy66 said:
Ya, a koi? They are cool, and sometimes very colorful! Maybe they could order a platinum for ya.

I just looked at those pics, and it makes it seems like the angels have ich on their fins. Haha they dont, theyr very healthy

Yeah, I saw that but I didn't want to say anything ;) if I can remember correctly, wasn't the platinum an impulse buy?

I hope the tank is done cycling soon. All this fish talk is making my hungry for some fish :)- but not to eat lol. I wonder what a gourami would taste like fried up? I'm sure they've done it somewhere in Asia- they do lots of interesting things up there lol

skywhitney said:
They don't act agressive if introduced to the tank at the same time correct?

Well that was the problem. The koi is alot bigger than the platinum, and when we added the platinum about 3 months after, he got beat up. The koi has stopped now, thankfully, and they are peaceful most of the time except for the occasional nip.

I recommend buying several juvies at the same time, then getting rid of the ones that are picked on later. Thats if you want a pair. If not, just add the one.

Gboy66 said:
Well that was the problem. The koi is alot bigger than the platinum, and when we added the platinum about 3 months after, he got beat up. The koi has stopped now, thankfully, and they are peaceful most of the time except for the occasional nip.

I recommend buying several juvies at the same time, then getting rid of the ones that are picked on later. Thats if you want a pair. If not, just add the one.

Yeah, just grab the ones that get picked on and toss em in the trash. LOL

George9 said:
Yeah, just grab the ones that get picked on and toss em in the trash. LOL

Hahaha i had a feeling you'd say a smart (bleep) comment like that!! Haha yea, just chuck em!

So did you want 2 angels?

Gboy66 said:
Hahaha i had a feeling you'd say a smart (bleep) comment like that!! Haha yea, just chuck em!

So did you want 2 angels?

I'm good for those kinda comments :) how could I pass up an opportunity?

I don't know about the two angels. If I added another to the list do you think I could still do the killi? Is it true that they won't pick in eachother if introduced at the sane time? They're like silver dollar size

Back
Top Bottom