The wonders of Anarchis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to kill this plant. I once kept anarchis in a jar in a dimly lit room, and it was just fine. I have kept it in full sun in my pond and it thrived. Recently I was putting some from the pond into an aquarium, but there were snails and some small worms on it, so I laid some in the sun while I rinsed others. The plant sat there for 10 min in full sun and completely dried out. All of the snails, etc. died, but the plant quickly sprang back to life upon returning to water.

sounds like a good plant for begginers too use then, now put it too the real test and put some in with some oscars, jaguars any big cichlid that likes too take pleaser in destroying plants.

I bet they would love it to pieces. One of the best parts about anarchis is that you can just cut it off a sections an inch long and they will still grow into a full plant.

Roger, no offense, but the plant is spelled--

Anacharis

I've noticed you've spelled it wrong a bunch lately, dont want to confuse anyone!

Otherwise you are 100% correct, it is a great plant with many uses.

Back
Top Bottom