theres a ton of snails in my aquarium all of the sudden?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaiMero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ive had one snail for a while now that the pet store gave me on accident. i just got a new plant for my betta fish tank and i found 4 snails. thats understandable they were probably in the new plant. however i have added no new plants to my tank that had one snail...now i count 13 snails and i have no idea where they came from. ive had this tank for about 4 months now so im just confused how they got here. im in the process of moving the snails so i can count them.
IMG_1276.jpg

ive had one snail for a while now that the pet store gave me on accident. i just got a new plant for my betta fish tank and i found 4 snails. thats understandable they were probably in the new plant. however i have added no new plants to my tank that had one snail...now i count 13 snails and i have no idea where they came from. ive had this tank for about 4 months now so im just confused how they got here. im in the process of moving the snails so i can count them.
View attachment 320727

update: i found 24 snails in all.

Snails and Snails

They were likely all there to begin with, some were just tiny babies that weren't as noticeable. Now they've grown big enough to see. There may be more, too.

They were likely all there to begin with, some were just tiny babies that weren't as noticeable. Now they've grown big enough to see. There may be more, too.

yeah i found 38 i jus gave them to the local petstore

Back
Top Bottom