TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good looking out! Stoopid heaters >_< Your collection is so pretty! I'm really glad you share with us :)

Thanks so much, glad to have folks following along!

Nice shrimpyy party!

Happy shrimp food fest!

Would like to see the endlers when you get a chance.

I'm pretty sure these guys haven't been around females in a while so the tank is rather busy currently :whistle: Did manage to get a few shots though. Group pic:

img_3303206_0_0dfece11216202f209fb5f617f378140.jpg

Blue boys and some girls:

img_3303206_1_4a67e021472ba42979ada035e21ea082.jpg

img_3303206_2_0f1c47404ad5fca57745e5d4270954e0.jpg

Wow those endlers are gorgeous! Where did you get those? MissGurnus and I have been talking about getting endlers to replace our recently-deceased guppies as our QT permanent residents.

Wow those endlers are gorgeous! Where did you get those? MissGurnus and I have been talking about getting endlers to replace our recently-deceased guppies as our QT permanent residents.

They are from Mitchell at LiveFins, he also sells on AquaBid. His livebearers are usually listed as pairs or trios but he will do special requests (I only wanted blue males). I've ordered from him at least 3 times, no complaints!

Small rant: don't know what possessed me but I decided to try hornwort again. Always had issues with it for whatever reason when I kept it years ago. Plants I received were gorgeous, put a couple nice-sized pieces in the 16g. Not long after they were sinking. Left them where they were out of laziness and when I went to take them out they basically went to shreds. Clogged the filter intake and a mess everywhere else. Never again :banghead:

Fish and shrimp are all doing well though. I've noticed that the scuds are really multiplying in the Spec. Lots of shrimplets though so I'm not sure what to do. Thought about putting some sort of fish in there temporarily to at least cut down on the population but I really hate to lose baby shrimp.

Hornwort can be the February Christmas Tree of plants if it does not like the conditions. I wonder if acclimation (as you would perform with shrimp) would have helped. Maybe they were stressed in transit before you got them and just it took a few days to show. Btw I saw a few full quart size bags for cheap at last weekend's local club auction.
Sell/trade your extra shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you like the look of hornwort, mayaca fluviatilis or narrow leaf anacharis (egeria najas) are good substitutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornwort can be the February Christmas Tree of plants if it does not like the conditions. I wonder if acclimation (as you would perform with shrimp) would have helped. Maybe they were stressed in transit before you got them and just it took a few days to show. Btw I saw a few full quart size bags for cheap at last weekend's local club auction.
Sell/trade your extra shrimp.

Didn't know that about hornwort, interesting. No extra shrimp yet, just trying to figure out how to get rid of the scuds, or at least reduce the population.

If you like the look of hornwort, mayaca fluviatilis or narrow leaf anacharis (egeria najas) are good substitutes.

Going to put those on my list for future options, thanks!

What color shrimp are we talking about?

Variety of Neos in this tank plus the recently added CRS.

This plant stem came as a ride along with some fish, could someone tell me what it is?

img_3305325_0_4ca5e7108a509dedabf00430f6f16306.jpg

Just thought I would update on the progress of my tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447377983.175916.jpg
One powder blue dwarf gourami
3 Cory cats
6 seprae tetras
The origins guppies of course and that's it added another Amazon sword and an underwater primrose I really like how it turned out!!

Thanks! It's just the one small piece and I like the looks of it. Will probably just float it in one of the Endlers tanks for now.

It should start sending down roots and curling up the the light source. However, it's fine just floating in there. I currently have some bacopa and Ludwigia doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom