TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thought I would update on the progress of my tank View attachment 280592
One powder blue dwarf gourami
3 Cory cats
6 seprae tetras
The origins guppies of course and that's it added another Amazon sword and an underwater primrose I really like how it turned out!!
Looks nice!

It should start sending down roots and curling up the the light source. However, it's fine just floating in there. I currently have some bacopa and Ludwigia doing the same thing.

With bacopa as a floater I've noticed the entire stem curls a bit, is that normal?

Definitely looks similar but the bottom of the top leaves are reddish.

Yeah looks like rot rot to me. I have some floating also and it will curl upwards like fresh said.
Definitely a bit of color on the tops.

So I may have gotten some new blues :hide: Nice bonus as well: they're sold as pairs, the female dropped two fry while in transit!

img_3305477_0_bff30cc32d8dc8db6b9e9ac2d88a6a5d.jpg

With bacopa as a floater I've noticed the entire stem curls a bit, is that normal?

For sure. My Ludwigia bends at a 90* angle. I'm waiting for it to keep growing to see if it will start growing emersed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to start soaking some cholla for the shrimp tank. It currently has 4 pieces plus a Turkish hazel which the shrimp love but it's essentially disintegrating. The plan is to do 2 piles of cholla, 1 in each back corner.

img_3305498_0_73186a0398f36a7be1370ed84d5b4255.jpg

I think the cholla should be ready tomorrow. Since the Turkish hazel is so popular I'm going to have a bowl of treated water ready to drop it into; really don't want to chance losing any shrimplets. Also thinking about putting some sort of veg in the tank overnight to collect and remove some MTS.

Got a surprise in the mail, that will have to be another post. A couple shots from today:

Kuhli eating with the Endlers:

img_3305867_0_5880d2c322ff456d45f3b86211f64cd2.jpg

Oto and reflection in the jungle tank:

img_3305867_1_f097f4e5675a81fe92e14f6f39603829.jpg

I ordered some male black bar Endlers (no exaggeration when I say my M:F ratio had been way off!) that were schedule to be delivered on Friday. Box arrived with not 1 but 2 bags and a note about a surprise. Oh yeah, definitely a surprise when I saw that bag #2 contained a ram! I've received bonus fish before but not something completely different from the actual order.

Still in the bag, pic with flash:

img_3306395_0_ba04520f10e363e7c32cdac4919284fc.jpg

A few hours later in the tank:

img_3306395_1_f947ea6f7e5cd5fe81869a93d28f9985.jpg

Seems to be settling in ok. The peacocks were a bit nosy and in-your-face when I first added it to the tank but they've backed off. I think the big challenge will be feeding time which is rather crazy in this tank.

HAHAHAHAHA

"Surprise!" It's a good thing you have tanks available for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonus ram!!! Hornherps hehe.. had a lot of reading to do;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow! Nice looking ram at any rate. Pics of the endlers? Do you prefer endlers over guppies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

HAHAHAHAHA

"Surprise!" It's a good thing you have tanks available for it.

Could only go in th 16g community which is probably overstocked now. Anywhere else it would've done some damage to fry or shrimplets.

Bonus ram!!! Hornherps hehe.. had a lot of reading to do;)

Yeah, the herps, I still laugh about that one!

Wow! Nice looking ram at any rate. Pics of the endlers? Do you prefer endlers over guppies?

I've kept a big variety of fish but never guppies surprisingly. I first got into Endlers way back when it was still difficult to find females. The plus side to them-at least to me-is the fact that they don't eat their fry.

Will have to try for some pics later today, still waiting for the coffee to be done :blink:

Finally did some work on the Spec 5 shrimp tank today. Before photo late this afternoon:

img_3306650_0_6d3cbf56360a0b95f19271b64219a318.jpg

First step was to actually wash the lid since I'm apparently messy when I use ferts :hide: Moved the Turkish hazel and cholla from the tank into a bowl, kind of shook them around to removing anything living. Didn't find any shrimplets but lots of scuds which the fish in the 16g very much appreciated. Used plant tongs to clean up stray bit of moss and plants then put in the new cholla. Tucked the anubias in yet again and now an hour later they still haven't dislodged it.

img_3306650_1_f7428c6d614757686ea30be6d7ea8615.jpg

I really like the cholla and the shrimp definitely do as well. I've always just used small 3" pieces but I've been looked at larger on AquaBid. Depending on what I find maybe 1 or 2 of those in 1 corner and just do a large pile of the 3" in the opposite corner.

Light cord can still be seen. Electrical is a jungle behind my desk, want to get that straightened out this week.

Any thoughts or opinions about the background for this tank? The walls are an olive green which makes it look dark. An upgraded light is on the wish list but won't be happening for a while.

It looks awesome!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

So 'they ' just send you a GBR?:flowers:
Do/did they know you would be able to keep it with out warning?:ermm:
Totally cool fish(looks good!), but holy!:eek:
What if every tank had shrimp?:confused:

Sometimes adversity can push us in a direction we would have not chosen but still enjoy or even choose to pursue farther...:whistle:
I hope you enjoy your ram!(y)

Back
Top Bottom