Thought I should Share This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my guy on a rock and I took a pic just now. Looks pretty good. No idea what his real like species/fish name is but I bought him as a red high fin pleco.

If it's a gibbiceps, they get BIG !
http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=148

If you search that site for Pleco or Sailfin or Highfin you'll see lots of other species.

Gibbiceps are very common and hit close to 18" and poop much more than they clean. But still a cool fish. Just need big tanks and big canister filters.

Your profile says he's in w Goldfish. That's a lot of Bioload for a 37g. Long term a 37g should only have 2 Fancy Goldfish and nothing else.

The other issue I've had with Plecos and fancy goldfish , is there of been times they have accidentally injured goldfish especially when goldfish are asleep and something startles the Pleco as they have very sharp fins. I don't recommend them as tank mates.

Research before you buy. Your fish are counting on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He looks good! I agree with Coursair though, they need a big tank! But that's not what this is about, nice fish!

Thanks guys. I haven't had goldfish for a couple of years haven't updated the stocking list

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom