Tiny Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bogart

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm setting my first tank in a long time. It's a 50 gal tank that I just filled with water and turned the filter on. I have a canister filter and I'm getting a lot of tiny bubbles where the water enters the tank from the filter. It's only been running for about 6 hours. Does it just take time to clear all the air out of the system or do I have an air leak?

Could the bubbles be caused by the water falling into the tank? My water makes little bubbles when it falls into the aquarium. No leak just enough surface agitation to create them.

It does come from the water cascading into the tank, but where is the air coming from. I get the bubbles even when the water from the filter enters the rank under the water level.

It happened to me when i started up my canister filter on a new tank. They covered the whole spray bar, It went away in a few days for me. Just wipe them off in the mean time.

That makes sense. Figure it take a while to get all the air out of the canister system. Will what for it to clear, just to be sure, before I start my fish less cycle.

I started my fishless cycle while the bubbles were there and didn't have any problems. On week two at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom