Todd's 60 Gallon Reef Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think those chalk bass are beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I hadn't either. I've seen the Tobacco's, but they get larger and I wanted smallish fish for this tank. Looks really cool with the blue lights too.

I always liked chalk basses. They're simple yet unique fish. Great addition Todd!

The Chalk Bass and Ruby Red are still doing good. The Chalk does not roan around much...just kinda hangs out over the Duncan's. The Ruby Red is out before lights come on in the morning and I don't see it after light are on. Too bad, as it is such a beautiful specimen. I added another batch of Tiger pods over the weekend. Put about half in the sump/fuge and the other half in the tank. I ordered from Sparkysreef on eBay. Good prices, lots of pods and they can even set up automatic monthly delivery. They will also sell bottles with customized labels for fish stores. Kinda a cool idea.

I found someone out in my area that is starting up a business...mostly corals and he breeds seahorses (does in-home service too), but he can also order fish at really low prices. I had a couple of great connections a couple hours away. Now I've got a new one minutes from where I work! :) Scary. This is going to take some self control (which I lack). Who knows, I might even start a seahorse tank. :)

I won some Lord of the Rings Zoas today on eBay, and ordered two frags (5 heads each) of Bam Bams and Sunny D's from a LFS (2 hours away, but I'm in the area from time to time) that had them on sale for $3 a polyp.

Cool thing is that my new connection will take these as cash payment on the master list of fish I ordered for both tanks. He will grow them out to sell and get me a frag later, so are both winning in the long run.

Got a Lawnmower Blenny for this tank and one for my 240g plus a Blonde Naso and Longnose Hawk for the 240g. Should get those this weekend plus he will get more on my list too.

Went and got the Lawnmower Blenny and a shrimp for this tank today. Of corse both immediately hide, so will get pics of them tomorrow.

Also got frags of Green Bay Packers, Desert Storms and Sunny D's to "babysit". He said they are basically mine unless there is a catastrophe at the shop. He is fragging more over the next couple days and will give to me on Wednesday. Pics of those tomorrow too...

The Blenny was dead the next morning, but the one in the 240g is still going good.

Here are pics of the frags that guy have me and I've got more coming tomorrow...

Green Bay Packers
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/Todd_Huff/2014-08/AA761007-2BFF-4355-AFAD-6B47FC42888F.jpg

Desert Storms
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/Todd_Huff/2014-08/C6D79D6B-4E06-4B55-BDB1-57C65585560A.jpg

Sunny D's
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/Todd_Huff/2014-08/DA884606-5369-4AC9-B932-7FAD44C11A4D.jpg

The KOs have three new polyps going now. I added a four polyp Wrath of Rah zoa frag today and five hermits. My Grandis Palys have been almost completely closed lately. Can't figure them out. Did great the first six months or so and now just kinda open whenever they feel like it. I will try to get pics of the Rahs if they are happy tomorrow...

Here are the Wrath of Rah

Here are the KOs

And another with both and the Sunny D's in as well...

This is a better pick from when I got them. Shows the real color a little better except the brownish color really looks more purple.

Gorgeous zoas Todd. I can't recall, are you sort of just scattering them a little everywhere or building a garden area in your tank?

Right now they are kind of all over, with a small area holding about seven frags. The original gameplan for this tank did not include so many Zoas, but now that I have a connection who is selling them and giving me ones to "hold", I'm probably going to redo the rocks to create more "zoa space". I might get a rack to hold his plugs, as I don't think he wants them spilling over onto my rock.

I can't get any great shots with my phone, but here is what I could get...

I may have the rescue score of the century lined up, so if everyone can keep their collective fingers crossed, this might be mine next weekend...

Picture is from the Internet, I don't have a picture of the one I may rescue yet.

Back
Top Bottom