Todd's 60 Gallon Reef Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard back from this guy and he is going to hold it for me to pick up Sunday. I will see how it looks then and post pics if possible.

I'm excited, but honestly a little nervous, as I don't want a $300 fish dying on my watch. I figure if it has made it in this guys sump for five months, my 60g is a big step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your paying 300 bucks for it or getting it for free?

It is free. I can't wait to see this guy's tank. If he could afford two $300 fish, I imagine he has some others that are nice too.

I'm also going to pick up my mushroom/zoa rock I won on eBay and this frag of Ring of Fires too.

Take pictures of that tank!

I will see what I can do.

We should be stopping by at least a couple LFSs in the area we are staying, so maybe I will find something else I have to have for the 240g. This Anthias is it for the cube until he is all healed and back to normal. I don't want new additions causing any stress.

We made the trip this morning from where we were staying and got the Anthias. Here she is in a ziplock bag, kinda stressed, but overall looks good and is larger and chunkier than I expected.

Hiding out in the back, barely visible when I got home today. Hoping for better luck with it coming out tomorrow, but not holding my breath.

Beautiful fish, hope it does well for you!

It was coming out this morning and a little when I got home from work. At least it's getting a little more brave and it is not acting strange. This was before the lights were on this morning.

It's coming out a little more and I finally saw it eat today, which was a huge relief. It still dives into the rocks, but a little less every day.

Good to hear Todd! Can't wait to see some photos of when he's fully adjusted.

I thought I'd add an update on the Anthias...basically so far, so good. Seems to have settled in well and is eating great. Seems to prefer brine shrimp over Mysis. She is staying out a little more when we are in the room, but still darts for cover if there is any quick movement.

You can kinda see the tail is growing back. Apparently it was a stub at one point. Hopefully it gets back to normal eventually. Here's a pic. Please pardon the algae spots. I really need to give the tank a good cleaning .

Look who was hiding in my filter sock...

Thought it was a goner or just hiding a lot more than usual. Can't believe it survived. I think it had been two, maybe even three weeks since I last changed the sock and I think just about that long for my last sighting.

I have read about them being hit or miss, but I don't really think it is that. They aren't grazers. Mine is a fat bully. He eats with all the other fish, but will also swim around the tank at what appears to be random times, places, and goals. It then always turns into the same, 3-4 'pecks' into a clump of algae and off he goes again. I think our expectation of any of the animals to 'control' algae are that they live in it until it is all consumed leads us to fail when we view upon them as solutions. That being said, mine is still awesome...except for the fact he bit me yesterday.

The algae eating is really secondary for me. It would be nice, but they have such great personalities (much like Hawks do) that they are a must-have for my tanks.

I thought mine was the most interesting fish in my tank for the longest time because of that, but since it bit me we aren't on speaking terms.
Now that my marine betta has grown in size, one of the coolest things ever is approaching the tank and then all of the sudden a large black object darts out from a rock. It comes at you backwards, making itself as big as it can with that big spot on it's rear trying to intimidate me into leaving. Really cool stuff.

My son saw a Betta at the LFS the other day and wanted one for his new 60g fish-only. He has also mentioned a snowflake eel, flame angel and blue spotted puffer. Do you think a Betta would hang with those?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom