Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might... I've had a six line in the past but it didn't make it when I was going through troubles with my rodi water a couple pages back. I really like it. Maybe though thanks for the suggestion. Ill have to see it in person I heard if and when it flashes its remarkable.

Making more water now just for top offs and next weeks water change. I noticed this little guy. You think he'll make it in just rodi water? Probably not huh

image-79025181.jpg

image-445905641.jpg

Making more water now just for top offs and next weeks water change. I noticed this little guy. You think he'll make it in just rodi water? Probably not huh

He's so tiny and adorable!

Hey guys. I got this fish a little over 2 weeks ago. He was mated with the larger snowflake clown. The past couple of days he wasn't eating. He was breathing really heavy and swimming on the opposite side of the tank he normally is by. His breathing has improved since however his fins look damaged. What is wrong and is there anything I can do to save this fish. I drip acclimated them both together. They are the only fish in my 55 gallon tank. The female clown is fine. They both ate cyclopeeze / brine shrimp / mysis shrimp & pellets. Now the 1 healthy clown is only eating pellets & cyclopeeze. The sick clown as pictured has not eaten in about 4 days. My parameters are as follows:
Temp: 79* pH : 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Trites: 0
Trates: 5.0
Calcium: 440 mg/l
Kh : 8 *dkh = 143.2 ppm
Phos : 0-0.25 it's really hard to tell

I have to do a water change. But my levels look pretty good besides that.

image-1283782767.jpg

image-3361959952.jpg

I didn't see him this morning I skimmed through the tank quick but he wasn't in his normal hang out spots. I hope he's okay.

If you said his fins were damaged. It might been the female. My buddy recently had a female turn on the male after theyd been together for a over a year. they can and might kill the male if not seperated

Yeah I attached two pictures. I noticed his mouth turning a little light in color and the same with the top of his tail fin was like, white. Now it looks beat up and like its rotting.

image-4215273246.jpg

Yeah I attached two pictures. I noticed his mouth turning a little light in color and the same with the top of his tail fin was like, white. Now it looks beat up and like its rotting.

Oh no! I don't have much experience, so no advice. I do hope you find the culprit and he heals up though!

so the clown was dead when I got home tonight, just flushed him. I'm getting really annoyed. That was a $50 fish. I dont understand what the problem has been. Ive lost so many fish and it's really putting a downer on this whole hobby.

so the clown was dead when I got home tonight, just flushed him. I'm getting really annoyed. That was a $50 fish. I dont understand what the problem has been. Ive lost so many fish and it's really putting a downer on this whole hobby.

I'm sorry. Keep your head up! Experience is most certainly the best teacher. Things will get better.

Hope so. My girlfriend bought me two fish. Neon dotty back and a sand sifting goby. He's pretty big. 5" or so. Neon dottyback is small. 2"

I hope they do well.

image-4040256733.jpg

image-2469186935.jpg

image-1096203555.jpg

iPhone pix suck. Dottyback is fast and the actinics are on right now so it looks so blue and blurry.

She's a keeper!!
My valentines gift was a giant fan worm, cleaner wrass and cleaner shrimp!

The goby I have is a diamond goby according to the research I've done. I hope he stays well. He was chillen for a little bit after acclimation but has gone to work on my sandbed. constantly taking mouthfuls. Now my tank is all cloudy. It;s not really from the sand itself, but the dust and crap that's settled in the sand since November. Will this have a negative effect on my snowflake clown, cleaner shrimp, neon dottyback, and corals? I assume once he goes through the entire bed then over time it will not always be cloudy?

I looked at one today myself. ideally i want the blue dot but cannot see paying $100 for a fish now.
Waiting to see responces to aide in my purchase decision

I was always unsure of the orange diamond goby but it's a really neat fish. I've always wanted something to maintain the sandbed but was not looking for a conch (no offense beengirl lol) I just didnt want it to knock over any corals/etc. ill keep updates daily if needed on here so stay tuned. I noticed a splash a couple minutes ago when I was just laying down watching TV. I quickly glanced at the tank and the diamond goby seemed to be chasing the clown, but I'm not sure if they both scared eachother or whatever the case may be...

My Orangespot Diamond Head Goby throws sand over all my corals and clams that are on the sandbed lol. Can be a messy bugger. Eats like a monster too. Gets along well though with everybody and I got quite the mix from tangs to quite a few gobies under two inches. I'm sure yours will be quite entertaining too.

Attachments

• image-4184210353.jpg
    image-4184210353.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom