Too many bristle worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, ive read alot about these critters.its seems about 50/50 people saying theyre good cuc members or bad and can mess up corals? Im sure theye have multiplied cause i have overfed some to get a kole tang to health.any suggestions? Thanks

I'm coming to accept that they can be in the tank and not a major issue. Personally I hate the things and remove them when I can. But they really are a good clean up crew addition. Just be sure not to get stung by them. lol :-D

Thanks carey, i made a long pair of plastic tongs and yanked out a couple about 8" but i guess if i get my feeding back to normal they might no reproduce too rapidly. Im assuming theyre one of the reasons my tank never shows any nitrates?

They can for sure be helping out on the water parameters lol. Maybe not alot but every little bit helps.

I picked up a bristleworm trap for like 410 and it caught a whole bunch of them for me. :-D

But it's up to you whether you keep them or not. If youre not afraid of them then might be ok to just leave them be.

They dont really bother me but i dont want any plague numbers, or coral damage. Read somewhere that if they dont get enough to eat that they will devour thier own. Think i will keep a close eye on this cituation. Maybe a diy trap for some?

Back
Top Bottom