too many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could look into endlers as well maybe even killifish like this one.

Attachments

• image-3966831102.jpg
    image-3966831102.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 37
The endlers for sure. Killifish are very dominant within their own species so only 1 male in the tank lol. Seems they like a harem. But for a bottom feeder I'll see what pleco's are suited

Here's pleco's. A blue phantom and a baryancistrus pleco.

Attachments

• image-1474283741.jpg
    image-1474283741.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2994446432.jpg
    image-2994446432.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 43
There have been many veterans on here that say salt is not necessary and potentially harmful if you have no way of checking the amount of salt in the water.

Plecos are definitely fine with pretty much any species as they are peaceful. The worst they will do is scare off other fish when breeding. You would probably be fine with the electric blues as well. I'm pretty sure you would want to make sure you don't get two males though.

smallfry53 said:
There have been many veterans on here that say salt is not necessary and potentially harmful if you have no way of checking the amount of salt in the water.

I had started the salt when I had gotten my first guppy from my moms tank, she had ich and wasn't very active. The salt did wonders and she is very active now. since then I've always had a little aquarium salt in my tank my fish don't seem to mind it at all kinda worried of what my fish would do if I stopped adding it

I think if the only bottom dweller you should be fine. They say minimum 20 gallon. But a 29 you'd be fine. The butterfly cichlid is another ram variant I believe so it's friendly but will chase from it's set territory but won't harm tank mates. But hopefully someone else can clarify

I understand what you're saying with the salt. Maybe you could ask someone else, since I have no experience with using salt.

A pair of blue rams would probably be fine. They do get territorial when breeding, but from what I have read and others have said they are pretty much harmless.

I think if that pleco does get up to 7" it probably would be too big. A lot of the fancier plecos can get pretty pricey as well. It wouldn't surprise me if one of those wasn't at least $50.

smallfry53 said:
I understand what you're saying with the salt. Maybe you could ask someone else, since I have no experience with using salt.

A pair of blue rams would probably be fine. They do get territorial when breeding, but from what I have read and others have said they are pretty much harmless.

I think if that pleco does get up to 7" it probably would be too big. A lot of the fancier plecos can get pretty pricey as well. It wouldn't surprise me if one of those wasn't at least $50.

I'm in love with this pleco!

View attachment 92026

Zebra pleco

View attachment 92027

Columbian zebra pleco

This difference between the two is that the first one starts at $200 and the second one starts at $30, they only grow between 3 and 4 inches

lol when I saw the first pic I remembered seeing them for sale for like $500 before. I just thought of another option though. You could get some Khuli loaches. They are pretty neat. They are nocturnal so you mostly just see them at night, but I love when I turn my lights off they swim all over the place. They are very quick.

I guess the Columbian is not a true zebra pleco that's why its cheaper I really can't see myself paying $30 for a fish, maybe when I get a larger tank I might.

From what others on here have said you can keep them individually, but I think they might display better coloration and are more entertaining if they are paired.

I love my kuhli loaches! I have two at the moment and have another two coming to bolster the school, they're amazing to watch, mine come out in full light as well as at night though - but I always seem to get the weird ones!!! I can highly recommend them as bottom dwellers.

Back
Top Bottom