too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Son1cbo0m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a planted 290 lite tank with, 4 discus, 6 black neons, 5 cardanal tetras, 5 rosy tetras, 3 bleeding hearts, 3 yoyo loach, 2 mountain shrimp and 4 small Corys.
I was wanting to add 5 rummy nose, and 6 neon Green rasboras, do you think its too much?

Rummies really need a large school in order to be comfortable and exhibit their wonderful behavior. I wouldn't keep less than a dozen. Because of that, I would say adding two more schools would be a bit much in this tank.

Actually, if it's planted, plus you have all that stock in there already, I think you're on the edge already space-wise. Let's see what other opinions you get.

hmmm, ****, was wanting rummy nose cause of the "canary bird" symptom of detecting water quality for discus, and the green neon rasbora are only like half a inch fully grown so was hoping they're small enough

Maybe you can rehome one of your schools to make room if you really want rummies that badly.

instead of adding several schools of fish.
Why don't you increase the population of the schools you already have ?

it would look much better and the fish will be much happier.

instead of adding several schools of fish.
Why don't you increase the population of the schools you already have ?

it would look much better and the fish will be much happier.

didn't really think about that cause my cards school with my black tetras, and my rosys school with the bleeding hearts, and theyre both a cherry red colour which means they're content and comfortable..

I think space wise you will be fine, all those small schools would drive me nuts. Rummies are a good choice they thrive in the warm that discus like and they are a great indicator of water quality, if those noses are glowing all is well.

Back
Top Bottom