Torch or frogspawn ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Front right it 425 gph and back left is 600gph both are koralias

Scrap the 425 and add another 600. Those koralia Nano's are weak at best...

That may or may not be the problem. Just giving my opinion. I have 2 MP10's on my 40 breeder.

Either way, I think my hammer coral is a great example. Never really opened up or took off for over a year. I kept moving it around trying to find 'the spot'. Finally it took off when it ended up in the sandbed under my radions and almost under a powerhead. The high powered leds were too strong for it any higher and the medium flow made it even happier. I don't even know how many heads it has grown since...but I now think of it as a weed.

I agree. All of my torches/frogspawns/hammers did best on the sand under a power head.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I moved it over to near the pagoda cup which has a lot of movement to it so we will see. How long should frogspawn get if the base is only the size of a dime? Thanks

An inch or two at least would not be unusual with a frag that size.

Ok thanks, hopefully it is just not happy being in a new tank hopefully it will open up more soon.

How fast do these grow? And do you know of any places to get torch corals online for cheap and with reasonable shipping?

It depends on how pleased it is. My hammer didn't grow for a year until it hit that happy spot, now it is more heads than I can count.
When it comes to ordering online, it isn't cheap because of the overnight shipping that is involved. That said, this is my primary method of getting coral into my tank.

Ok thanks I will have too see what my LFS has, they usually don't have torches but I can try the other LFS.

I would agree, it is all about finding the right spot. I had Euphyllia that didn't grow at all in months, and as soon as I moved them, they exploded. One of the torches I had grew 6 or 7 heads in 6 months or so. It is all about getting the conditions of flow, light, water chemistry correct, and they will take off. My frogspawn was the slowest grower among all the Euphyllia I had (hammers, torches, and a frogspawn).

Looks like it's coming around, also definitely looks like a torch now

But some of the tentacles on the backside have multiple purple dots and them.

Back
Top Bottom