Transferring Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would there be a disadvantage to me putting an amazon sword in a bucket with a different type of substrate atm my tank has just plain gravel, then put it outside so it can get light to see the difference in growth then transfer it back to my aquarium before the start of winter it stays warm around here until around November. Or is this just a good way to kill a plant?

Hello Aqua...

If you can duplicate the conditions outside, your plant will be fine. The water temp would need to be close and the time the plant is in the light too. Plants can adapt as long as the conditions stay relatively constant.

B

One issue you'll probably have is greenwater algae. I've been successful at this though but it worked out best when I did the plants emersed and used plastic sheeting over the top of the tank to keep up the humidity.

I put plants outside for my tubs. mostly floaters like java moss, hornwort, guppy grass, rrf and water lettuce and have no problems transitioning it back inside once tubbing season is over

Back
Top Bottom