Treasure chest tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jweickum

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my 23g tank finally cycled and I was brainstorming ideas for the theme.

I came up with sunken ship, with some ghost shrimp, and ghost catfish. Those two are the only two ghost fish I know of.

Does anyone else know of any more or maybe some sunken ship themed fish ideas.

image-1296672689.jpg

This is my tank.

Very cool tank! Why don't you add some black ghost knife fish, and some blind cave tetras. The tetras can be like pirate souls or something :) and the black ghost knife fish look very shade like with how they swim :)

DeathclawRowe1 said:
Very cool tank! Why don't you add some black ghost knife fish, and some blind cave tetras. The tetras can be like pirate souls or something :) and the black ghost knife fish look very shade like with how they swim :)

Ghost knife fish get way too big for that tank.

There are indian glass fish and glass tetras. A group of gold tetras could be the sunken treasure.

Oh you could get those fish called monos or something like that or maybe its manos, anyways they look like silver dollars. They can be put in fresh and salt water.

Got a few plants today. And a friend of mine got a pleco and I remembered she was cycling her tank fish less. She was just going to put her fish in the tank as is (with like 6ppm ammonia)

So I offered to house it for her till her tank cycled. I got the fish today only to realize its not a pleco and it is in fact a Chinese algae eater. Which is also going to grow too big for her tank.

Can anyone confirm this is an algae eater?

Attachments

• image-392194400.jpg
    image-392194400.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 99
image-1274060576.jpg

Here's my tank with some added plants. Will be adding more as I find ones I like.

Very nice! May I suggest hornwort as it grows very well :) and looks nice, also ludwigia looks excellent :)

Love the tank (y)

That fish you are referring to looks like a chinese algae eater. Probably one of the most hated fish in aquariums.

Yea the only algae eater that is liked is the Siamese algae eater indigenous to Thailand. Other than that all other algae eaters are disliked when it comes down to the carp family. I would only suggest keeping the Chinese algae eater with cichlids.

Can anyone suggest some nice tall types of plants?

Back
Top Bottom